Author Topic: projects over the border  (Read 1139 times)

canadasgall

projects over the border
« on: February 03, 2013, 05:27:25 am »
i have a friend who wants to wants to buy a big item from me and bring it to florida, but he does not think he can cross the border with it. i have no idea about customes, they sell wood on ebay so there must be a way around it. does anybody no more about this?

king310

Re: projects over the border
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 06:54:10 am »
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 07:03:45 am by king310 »

UHMNL

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 03:10:03 pm »
Ask the post office. They have the forms to fill out.
FD Mike

Offline RangerJay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 04:18:17 pm »
i have a friend who wants to wants to buy a big item from me and bring it to florida, but he does not think he can cross the border with it. i have no idea about customes, they sell wood on ebay so there must be a way around it. does anybody no more about this?

Your friend is from the U.S. and buying it from you while in Canada? - then crossing the border with it on the way back home?

If this is the case I don't know why there would be a problem of any kind - providing a bill of sale accompanies the item.  The U.S. customs folks might apply a tax or duty but beyond that there should not be a problem - but check with them directly for the definitive answer.

Jay

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 06:23:54 pm »
I wouldn't think there would be a problem. I might be mistaken but I think the border patrol checks to make sure that you are crossing the border legally and you have no contraband. If the question is about paying taxes on the item, if he has a receipt for the purchase, I think he would be alright.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

SMF

Teknoromi