Author Topic: Pooping reindeer.....  (Read 7841 times)

IBMer

Re: Pooping reindeer.....
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 06:59:12 pm »
Has anyone come up with a pattern yet?   I have a few friends that would really appreciate this type of Humor. 

IBMer

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 10:42:52 pm »
I wrote the guy that made this and asked about a pattern.  He advised that he hasn't made one, but may in the future.  No ETA   He didn't answer my question about maybe selling me one ready-made.     Hey, I tried...

Scroll Down

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 10:11:12 am »
It gives all the steps for construction. Not a pattern, but detailed instructions and photos.

Shogun

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 11:20:12 am »
Give me a few days...I'm working on a pattern. I will post it when finished.

Shogun

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 06:41:20 pm »
Well gang, it's a wash. I spent all day working on this and for some reason my printer wont print from any of my Serif or from hp photo print so I'm at a loss.

just Josh

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 08:08:22 pm »
if anyone ever does come up with  a pattern, I would love to try it, gross?  sure, but also quite comical

Becky

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 11:08:57 pm »
I posted a link to a pattern available for purchase back on page one.  I called it "close" because it doesn't have the modification that guy described.  You have to move the tail I think in the one I posted.  I realize it may be that you all may not want to pay for the pattern (I can definitely understand that) but I thought maybe my describing it as "pretty close" made you think it was something more different than it is.  Anyway, this post is just to clarify that post.

IBMer

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 04:01:36 pm »
Hi Becky, I did see your post and it's pretty cool, but I really like how the Reindeer works.   As for paying for a pattern, I don't mind at all.  When I contacted the guy that posted the Reindeer Video, I asked if he would sell me a pattern, or a ready made one, but he advised that he didn't have either for sale.

I was thinking of drawing up my own pattern with a few additional features.  Maybe if time permits this weekend.   Unfortunately I've been having to do some of the "REAL" woodworking around the house.   I'm replacing an entire side of my privacy fence that was damaged in a storm.     It's a great pleasure digging 3 foot deep post holes by hand, since someone broke into my shed and stole my gasoline post hole digger and about 1500 in tools.

John
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 04:05:46 pm by IBMer »

Becky

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 11:07:12 pm »
Ouch, John!  I hope your hands are recovering from their blisters.  That stinks about the theft of your tools.  It may not be a realistic hope, but I do hope they catch the person who did it.

No worries about the earlier post.  I just wondered if anyone had seen it or if they remembered.  Good luck with your go at the pattern.

IBMer

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 06:39:43 pm »
Becky, the real kicker is that I have 2 large dogs.   A doberman and a Belgian Malinois, both good guard dogs.   The thief must have been someone that knew that they are indoors all night.   I'm guessing someone in the neighborhood.   I heard my one dog barking at 3am, but didn't think much of it.   Probably when they broke in.   There is a funny part to the story, they stole several tools that were broken and waiting to go to the dump, while leaving behind things that worked.   

Next time I'll know to let the dogs out when they bark at night.   Hey, they have to eat too...

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 07:16:01 pm »
   There is a funny part to the story, they stole several tools that were broken and waiting to go to the dump, while leaving behind things that worked.   

That reminds me of a story that I heard a long time ago.
There was a garbage strike going on in New York City around Christmas time, so people would put their trash in boxes, gift wrap them and put the box on the back seat of an unlocked car.
Yep, you're right, the thieves took care of getting rid of the stinky stuff.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

IBMer

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 07:41:48 pm »
That's pretty funny about the Christmas Garbage packages.     

Once upon a time, I ordered a 56k modem from a company.  It never arrived.  When I called, they claimed that UPS delivered it, but didn't get a signature.   We'll if they delivered it, they didn't deliver it here, So they sent me another.

A few years later, we had this old car in the driveway that would cost more to fix than it was worth.   We decided to have it towed to the junk yard...  The tow truck driver said, hey do you want these packages from the back seat?    Packages?   Come to find out that the UPS guy stuck packages in the unlocked car.   He didn't realize that the car didn't run since the exterior looked to be in good condition...   I guess he thought we would find them the next time we drove it.     By then my new modem was obsolete, and aunt Mary's fruit cake was like a brick.   Well, it was probably already a brick when she mailed it, but 2 years in the back seat of a car didn't help..   

So the motto of my story is that if you need a Rock hard fruitcake, or obsolete modem, check the back seat of your parked car...    You never know, maybe that new Excalibur you didn't order is in there too.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2013, 11:15:38 am »
I entered a post into the Pattern requests section and asked if someone could make us a pattern similar to the one in the video.  Keep your fingers crossed!
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline crupiea

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2013, 12:13:16 pm »
A bit early in the year for christmas planning but valentines day is in just a few days. 

If I hurry i can get one done in time!!

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2013, 02:15:57 pm »
I had heard about the Christms-Garbage packages.  Seems like it was late 1970's or early 80's time frame.  It was a garbage workers strike in New York.
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

SMF

Teknoromi