Author Topic: Camilla Oil  (Read 903 times)

countryscroller

Camilla Oil
« on: January 26, 2013, 09:26:41 pm »
I was looking through some accessories for marquetry and found this oil. It is used for keeping rust down on metal tools. I thought maybe it would be something to try on the surface of the scroll saw. Would it effect finishes on the wood afterwards? Well here is the link. Let me know if any of you have use it. Thanks.http://www.schurchwoodwork.com/tools/S361.html

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Camilla Oil
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 10:22:52 pm »
I use it on my Lie Nielsen planes recommend by them. It will not effect finishes or bare wood. It is just a little expensive. I prefer paste wax on my cast iron tables, however I see no other reason not to use it.
Dan In Southern California

king310

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 10:26:37 pm »
Dustin I did some research and found a link that might help. It lists the uses for rust prevention, cooking and makeup.
It sounds like it would work but pricey. Let me know if you use it and how it turns out.
http://www.flybowshop.com/assets/s2dmain.html?http://www.flybowshop.com/50271695190a62401/50317098900c1e726/50317098ff0c4e7d2.html

I use DuPont 4 oz Non-Stick Lubricant as my coating for my table blades surface of my scroll saw and the plates of all my other tools. It is $4.97 a bottle. It goes along way and makes my saw table slick and dos not stain the wood. It will dry in just a few seconds.
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=363776-39963-DNS104101&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3550502&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 10:37:05 pm by king310 »

Mainewoods

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 08:37:38 am »
@king310 - How long does an application on your scroll saw table last under average use.  Also, what department at Lowe's do you find this in....never noticed it before.

countryscroller

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 09:07:44 am »
I don't think I am going to get it, just was curious if any of you have experience with it or if it would be worth buying.

king310

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 04:26:26 pm »
Glen it is in the tool area with the other lubes WD40, Silicone sprays, liquid wrench etc;. I coated my diablo blades early last summer and made 9 12 x24 planter boxes and have not needed to recoat the blades yet on my table saw. I put some on my shaper blades and it worked great and gave me a nice smooth finish. If you take a tissue or a paper towel and lightly wipe across the blade you feel a drag. When I feel that it is time to recoat. I had to do it to my old miter saw a couple of times. But I found out what the problem was when I gave it to my nephew when I bought  my Rage 3 miter saw. I had loaned the old miter saw to one of my brothers, when I went to remove the diablo blade from it he had jambed a piece of wood up in the guard. That was when I realized why it would not stay square and cut a precise miter cut......Got a new saw out of it  ;D  I still have about a 1/4 of the bottle left. Would of been more if I would of put the cap on it before I knocked it over and a large quanity dribbled out on my shop floor before I noticed.

grampa sawdust

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 06:53:59 pm »
Thanks for the information. At least your floor won't rust just don't fall on your ................head

king310

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 07:19:11 pm »
to late I did today. I was putting base board on the plate of my drill press. I was on my little roll around stoll and needed another screw. SSSSSSSSooo I just rolled over to my other bench the stool stopped and I didn't. SPLAT! It stopped on a scrape of wood on the floor. What upset me the most was I just spent 10 minutes with the shop vac cleaning the floor. It was the only spec of wood I missed, but I found it. :o :o :o >:( >:( >:( ;D

SMF

Teknoromi