Author Topic: FD New Spiral #3/0...Preliminary Review....  (Read 961 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
FD New Spiral #3/0...Preliminary Review....
« on: January 26, 2013, 06:48:44 pm »
Are they SMALL? Very much so... I tried the three sample blades on a portrait I am working on in some very small detail cuts and they work well.

They appear to me to be somewhat aggressive but I haven't been on the saw for over two weeks so I may just be out of practice.
Cutting a stack of  2 - 1/8" BB and 1 - 1/4" 'sandeply' backer they did a fine job of cutting and not much in the way of 'fuzzies'. The saw speed MUST be as fast as your saw will run without vibrating off the stand.

First and foremost if you are not experienced using the 2/0 spirals don't even consider ordering them!
If you do not have your blade holder set screws in the proper alignment they will "hockey stick" on you. DO NOT overtighten your blade holding screws.
These suckers are TINY! Imagine trying to cut with a piece of hair you pulled out of your 'nether region'!

Will I order more and use them? YES, but only in the areas where I need extremely fine blades for very detailed cuts. They are not something I will use on a regular basis. They, like all other blades, have a specific use and for that they are wonderful.

About a year ago I tried several different brands and sizes of spirals including a recommended Galaxy 2/0 and I determined that the FD New Spiral #2/0 was my go-to blade for portrait cutting.

So in summary...They work well for their intended purpose and I will use them for that purpose.

I will place an order tomorrow for 3 dozen and as I use them further I will post my comments.

~~~GrayBeard~~~

I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

king310

Re: FD New Spiral #3/0...Preliminary Review....
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 07:19:17 pm »
What would be great if you could by your blades anodized. Different color for different size. That way you could see the blade and it would not blurrrrrr into the pattern.
I have not tried spiral blade yet. As soon as I change all of my bad skill set from my old saw to my new one I will give it a whirl.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 07:23:12 pm by king310 »

SMF

Teknoromi