Author Topic: It arrived today  (Read 3168 times)

king310

It arrived today
« on: January 22, 2013, 08:54:58 pm »
Well my saw arrived today at about 4:30pm. :)My new Delta 40-695. My brother walked over and helped me assemble the saw. It was very straight forward with no problems. ;D He pluged in the saw and I turned it on, Is it running, I don't know, Yup the arms are moving.
That was smooth sound no more GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR sound. I took a piece of scrap 3/4 oak and made some cuts.  oooooohhhhhhhhhhhh aaaaaahhhhhhhh all you heard was the teeth cutting the wood. I made several smaller scrap pieces out of larger pieces. I let my brother cut some wood, He said this was nice.

I left the radio playing and left the night light on so it would not be afraid in a new place. My wife told me I could not sleep with it in the house. ;D ;D

Ok! now I will put it to work in the morning cutting the rest of the pieces of the quilt rack I am making.

Offline Al W

• View Profile
Re: It arrived today
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 10:07:05 pm »
Told you it is an addiction  ;D .  Congratulations on the new toy er tool.

Al
Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 10:30:20 pm »
Putting me in a tool store is like telling a kid in a candy no you can't have that don't touch. I love tools, I can thumb over the harbor freight sale ads till the papers wear out and drool thinking wish I had that or wow that is cool. I loved when I got my new scroll saw, in fact not too longer after I was in our library checked a arm load of books and patterns ready to go. Its always fun when you get a new tool or er toy.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 12:46:41 am »
Enjoy you will be able to do some incredible stuff from now on
Jimbo

Offline rrjwright

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 01:10:05 am »
EXCELLENT....   I went out the other day and wiped all  the sawdust off  my 695.  I  stood  back  with a smile....   It  looked as good  as the first day it arrived.  I have had No problems at all  with mine.  I wish you many hours of trouble free cutting.  You will  enjoy the upper arm lift.

Jim. . .
Scroll'n... Scroll'n.... Scroll'n
Keep that Sawdust Flow'n

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 06:24:31 am »
Congratulations!!!  Nothing like an upgrade to set your creativity up a notch.  Have fun.

king310

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 06:48:44 am »
You know this makes me think of when I was growing up at thanksgiving and christmas time how you were always seated at a table with all of the other children. You wished that someday you will get to sit at the table with the grownups. ;D
I could only imagine what a RBI saw would feel like.

countryscroller

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 07:34:26 am »
That's how I felt when I got my DW over the summer. Finally not an entry level saw. Glad for you!

Mainewoods

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 07:42:50 am »
Congratulations! Now those cuts that were a little intimidating before will seem a lot easier.  Just remember that it's the scroller who makes the saw, not the saw making the scroller!  You're going to have to adjust some of your techniques to how this new saw functions, and then you can use the saw to it's full potential!  Have fun! :)

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 10:06:36 am »
You know this makes me think of when I was growing up at thanksgiving and christmas time how you were always seated at a table with all of the other children. You wished that someday you will get to sit at the table with the grownups. ;D
I could only imagine what a RBI saw would feel like.
Baby steps King, baby steps...

I got my 788 a couple weeks ago and still can't believe the difference compared to my old Dremel
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 01:53:18 pm »
You will enjoy playing with your new toy/ tool. Have you got your better half making it a knitted cover to keep it warm??
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 02:55:37 pm »
Congratulations. Sounds like a beauty.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

IBMer

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 05:45:54 pm »
My Porter Cable saw can be super quiet too.    When it's in the Off Position, and when I'm wearing ear protection ;-)   Otherwise, it's Clack Clack Clack Clack..

J.

Offline rickther

• eureka ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 09:12:15 pm »
Easy king, I have an rbi vs26. sounds like a great leap, but it's just a saw. sounds like you have a great saw to enjoy.
 Rick
RBI VS 26

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 12:37:02 am »
Congratulations King.........Let the scrolling begin.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

SMF

Teknoromi