Author Topic: new saw  (Read 2825 times)

canadasgall

new saw
« on: January 18, 2013, 04:47:40 am »
i finally got my new saw the black and gold ex 21. its my first time using a foot peddle i am still a little lost with it i keep wanting to hit the switch, and the tension is in a different place then my old one, so my hands are all over the place. i am VERY HAPPY with my purchase, i would recommend the excalibur to anyone.
p.s. my old ex 21 still runs fine i just wanted a second saw.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
Re: new saw
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 04:53:08 am »
Glad your new saw is ok and working fine, I haven't used a foot pedal on my saw yet, but I think if I could get hold of one I would have the same problems as you in reaching for the switch lol.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 07:16:21 am »
You get over it real quick.  It only took a couple of days for me.

countryscroller

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 08:11:40 am »
Glad for you. I didn't start using the foot switch until I got my DW 788 because it has a stand. I sit at a stool on it and I screwed the foot switch to the stand. Before I would just stand there at my other saw, ugh a project for an hour on my feet. I got used to my foot switch very fast.  Just curious guys, what foot do you all use it with. I use my left foot, I know that you drive a vehicle with your right. Just wondering.

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 09:18:55 am »
I am so jealous! I went over to Seyco yesterday to talk to Ray and he had one on display. It sure was beautiful! But, wife said "don't even think about it!"Ha! I think every scroller needs a second saw. just because?!

Tony,aka,Toneman

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 10:12:52 am »
Congratulations Michelle!
Dan In Southern California

Scroll Down

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 10:50:23 am »
Have a foot.switch that I use on several tools. I mounted it to the stand one day and controlled it with my leg/knee. Works great if your sitting.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 10:58:48 am »
I have a Black EX-21 on order and can't wait till it gets here. I have a foot switch I bought for my Porter-Cable but the P-C has an integral light and the light goes out when you kill the switch. The P-C exposes the speed control potentiometer, so a speed control foot pedal like a sewing machine might be a possibility.
Can you comment on the EX-21 dust port and the lower blade clamp? Is there a problem getting to the clamp with the dust port in place?
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline tvman44

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 11:06:35 am »
I use my right foot and would not be without a foot switch.
Bob Making sawdust in SW Louisiana with a
EX-21

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 01:24:21 pm »
Are the changes to the new saw an improvement?
Jimbo

canadasgall

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 04:24:19 pm »
i use my right foot on the peddle, the lower blade clamp isn't a problem but i found on top was hard to get use to because of were the tension is my old one is  on the side this one is on top and just seems to be in the way just cause its different and i have to get use to it. i am VERY HAPPY with it. i am lucky my boyfriend don't mind because how many guys will approve of their girlfriend having more tools then they do lol

grampa sawdust

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 08:28:44 pm »
I have a foot pedal on both of mine. didn't when I started but sure would not be without it now. I use by right foot probably because I am rt handed. now if I am doing something with both saws I use the left foot on one and the right on the other. If you believe I can do two scrollings at once I have some things to sell you. I may try it I do have two eye too.

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 01:59:22 am »
I got a foot switch for Christmas....I didnt have much time to use it, my step father was over working in the shop and he kind of adopted my new switch. But when I do use it, I use my right foot. Kind of a drive thing.

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 08:59:47 am »
I have my foot switch mounted to my wooden floor and have my saw and vacuum attached; my vacuum only runs when the saw is running.

Tony,aka,Toneman

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 11:34:25 am »
I'm with Tony...I jerry-rigged a setup under the saw to put my vacuum hose under there and connected saw and vac to foot switch.
Works great...only adaptation I do also is take out my hearing aids so I don't have to listen to that damn vacuum!

I also use that system for my router table!

Sometimes 'deafness' can be an advantage!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SMF

Teknoromi