Author Topic: This is my scroll saw set up  (Read 7024 times)

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
This is my scroll saw set up
« on: January 13, 2013, 05:16:22 pm »
This is my set up, just built the table today, its got a 3/4 20x27 top leaves room on the side to put stuff, tools, or whatever I need in reach, stands 33 inches tall, I put a small rug under the saw and it helps ALOT on vibration, have magnifier lamp over it, have a foot switch which has the saw, air pump and if I want my small 1 gal shop vac to switch on,  also have two work lights to the side for light as well. I did have this sitting on a folding table saw but it was a tad wobbly plus the vibrations were awful I turned the speed up too fast.

Just wished I had a better insulated garage to work in, but this works for now to enjoy a great hobby and have time to myself to relax. Does anybody else want to post pics of there set ups?

king310

Re: This is my scroll saw set up
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 05:26:23 pm »
nice setup. I like the cushion on the stool. I wish mine had a recline feature and a TV I'd be set!

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 05:31:06 pm »
Thanks the stool is nice but after some time that cushion gets flat I have to stand, wish I had a stool with a back on so I could sit back but this works for now till I get better and more advanced.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 06:45:09 pm »
looks to me like you have a very nice setup there.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

etcher

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 06:55:34 pm »
I like it!!!!!

Offline jrpeteo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 09:03:49 pm »
Here's mine. Top and bottom of the saw plus drill press dust removers, and the box fan with filter to collect any remaining dust. The shop vac is located in the room next door and operated by remote control. The blade holder has a magnetic strip on the front to hold blades that have been used. Also have the aquarium pump hose (in small conduit) attached to the blower hose that came with the saw. Small flexible LED light on left side is for peeking underneath (bottom feeding). Stereo headphones of course.
Pete
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 09:06:43 pm »
Thats a good setup there Pete

king310

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 09:09:41 pm »
What type of saws are in the photos?

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 09:11:26 pm »
Mine is the basic craftsman one I paid 129 for mine, picked it up at the store.

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 09:45:37 pm »
Like both set-ups.Noticed you both have the magnifier lamp !!!! I have thought about getting one,how often do you use it? Is it worth the investment? I'm 61 and wear glasses,will it really help alot? Someone needs to tell me to get off my back side and buy one,or don't waste your money.
Thanks--- it's been one of those days !!!!!

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 09:48:14 pm »
I love my lamp, use it all the time to see close to the line when fine detail is needed. I am in my mid 30's no glasses and makes it easier to see. I picked mine up at harbor freight, they have two kinds the cheaper one reviews said was junk so I got this model and like it. Its nice to be able to magnify and light up what I am cutting on.

Offline jrpeteo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 10:16:15 pm »
I also use mine all the time. You get what you pay for though, the first one I had kept falling down. I have to push this thing out of the way every time I feed a blade, because I have to reach to the back of the saw for blade tensioning.
Pete
Craftsman 16"
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 10:19:37 pm »
My light will swing or pivot at the rear in its base, so once I get mine set I just pivot or swing mine to the do what I need to then swing it back right into place don't have to move it up or down unless I am done with a part then have to clean up or start something different.

king310

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 10:31:37 pm »
mickey I use mine all the time. I bought it at menards. I don't think saw without it ;D ;D ;D

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 08:17:13 am »
O.K.-- I'm buying one. As soon as I can find one around this area!!! Way have to order one.

SMF

Teknoromi