Author Topic: Guns  (Read 3617 times)

chief

Re: Guns
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 10:30:47 pm »
Rog,
There actually is a good reason you need more than 10 bullets when hunting with an AR.  In the South they are being over run by wild boars and in most states there is no limit on the number you can kill.  In some states the standard AR caliber, .223, is illegal to hunt with.  The AR platforn can be used all the way up to .50 cal rifle.  They have conversions for numerous calibers probably the most popular is .308, a very common hunting caliber.  Want to go to the shooting range and just plink at some targets just change a few parts and it fires .22 caliber.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 10:36:39 pm »
I am trying to do my part!  I teach a concealed carry class for a gun shop locally and also private classes.  I coached 13 people saturday, 10 Sunday, and a private group of 3 today (Holiday so I was off work).  Putting good guys with guns on the street to help stop the bad guys with guns!  Florida now has over 1 million concealed carry permit holders and  violent crime is dropping.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

rob roy

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 02:10:26 pm »
Well guys all I can say is, I sincerely hope you don't wind up the same as here in the UK. Namely all firearms banned and now, just shortly, here in Scotland we will have to have a license for any air weapon no matter what the muzzle velocity is. A permit for a BB gun?? I ask you. All we can have is a shotgun with a permit and you are only allowed only a three shot auto. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Rob Roy.

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 03:52:29 pm »
Well, I have guns in my house and I carry one in my truck when I am traveling. I will never give up my guns and hope I never have to use them to harm anyone, but, I will if necessary. If anyone  comes to my home with the idea of me turning my guns in, I will use them. It is my constitutional right to and I will fight to keep that right. I really would not think that any federal agent would want to come down here in Texas to retrieve our guns?!!

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 05:24:55 am »
King I wasn't a cop as long as you were, and fortunately never had to discharge my weapon though I did have to draw it a few times. Still think the riot gun saved more lives than it took, all you had to do was work that pump action and most people got religion! I loved that sound when I had to enter a store that had been broken into or the door left unlocked in the middle of the night.

I was just talking to one of our local Deputies today about concealed carry and confiscation, and he thought it will never happen, I hope he is right but it wasn't so long ago that a number of dictators did that very thing, it assures they don't have to worry about armed revolt in the event they want to expand their dictatorships. Make you think of anyone we know?

I was interested in his take on licensed carry as I've been going over the pros and cons of it. I was concerned about the information being released as it was recently by those well meaning newspaper people.  ::)
Or how it could make my information available to the government in order for them to confiscate my firearms.
I asked his input and here is what he said. (Not verbatum.)
"You might as well get the permit it will help to prevent some of the hassles and if you have purchased or traded a firearm from a licensed dealer they already know who you are and where you live. So Go ahead and get the permit!" He convinced me! I was leaning that way anyhow but need just that little push.  ;D
So as soon as the book keeper says I can have the money I'll be trotting down to the Sheriff's Office and plunk my money down!  I could buy another nice used scrollsaw for the price. LOL $50 for the Sheriff and $15 to run my prints by the state police. Wow in 4 years it will only cost me $50 to renew. :o

The last thing you want to do is get into a shooting war about your second amendment "rights" all that will happen is you will either end up dead or in  prison (dead would be preferable) and in doing so you would only give more ammunition to the anti gun lefties which would defeat the purpose of you fighting to the death for it. Fight them in court over the constitution rather than on your porch where your family will see your blood on the walk every day afterward.
Think about it, which is more likely to get favorable results?

Here is a link to a good video, it lists a bunch of Sheriffs who are standing up for our second ammendment rights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHAbYbTjzxY&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Give it a look and if your Sheriff isn't there ask him why he isn't. Remember they are ELECTED!
Off my soapbox for now, just remember act responsibly and don't screw it up for the rest of us!!!!

Have you ever kissed a mules 4$$ ? You don't want to have to answer that question.
Gabby
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 05:37:03 am by Gabby »
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

king310

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2013, 08:18:42 pm »
I am watching the news and it stated that global climate warming.
What abunch of morons! Do they think people are idiots? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 03:03:14 am »
Did you see Al Gore sold his  warming channel TV station to the Arabs, makes you wonder if his job is done convinceing everyone the sky is falling. LOL
How high's the water Mama?
Balderdash,
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

SMF

Teknoromi