Author Topic: Guns  (Read 3618 times)

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
Guns
« on: January 10, 2013, 05:49:10 pm »
I thought you might like this ,I found it on facebook
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Guns
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 06:00:45 pm »
Keefie   That on eis going right bacl on Facebook Thanks for sharing
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

king310

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 08:45:04 pm »
 :o :o :o :o :o back at you
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 08:46:48 pm by king310 »

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 02:05:22 am »
Nice. Today I was listening to Sean Hannity (either you love him or you hate him). He had stats showing that more people have been killed by hammers and clubs than guns over the past few years. It was satire to suggest banning hammers, but a well made point.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 03:59:12 am »
we don't have this gun discussion in our country, so I'm not really to say something but I have to rock the boat a Little ;)

most people are killed by DUI car accidents.....
so bet they will banning cars and alcohol also?
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 07:55:01 am »
Less than 1% of gun crimes occur in the US by registered gun owners.  The bad guys have guns.  They don't get them legally.  If you take away the legal guns, the bad guys will still have them.  I am curious about the countries that don't have their citizens armed.  Don't the bad guys still get guns in your country?

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 03:48:19 am »
I'm just waiting to see what is said here. The first cartoon really nailed it!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 07:10:54 am »
Me too.  I really am curious about it.  I would like to know how that works in countries that don't allow guns.  What countries do and do not have them?

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 09:28:43 am »
We don't have them here in the U.K. but the criminals still seem to get there hands on them.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

chief

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 01:08:21 am »
This whole debate is not just about guns it is really about our Constitutional Rights, our fundamental rights given to us by our creator.  OUr elected officials need to reread the oath of office they took and remember what it means.  I have spent my entire adult life serving this country under oath to the Constitution and the actions of our elected officials just sickens me as an American.
I have guns in my home and my wife and I both have Concealed Pistol License and we act responsibly.  When I go out in public my gun is not conceled so as not to frighten anyone, but more importantly to have a surprise for anyone that tries to cause harm to any human being in my sight.  You see I dont just carry a gun for my protection and for my family but also for other law abiding citizens.  
I dont like guns and I wish we lived in a world where we didnt need them.  I wish we lived in a world where we didnt need a military.  We dont live in that world though and I refuse to be a victim to some piece of scum and I refuse to standby and watch someone else become a victim to said scum.  I pray to God that I never have to even pull my gun and show it to scare off someone let alone actually shoot someone and kill them.
The argument against "assault rifles" is one of the dumbest I have ever heard.  No I dont need one, but moms dont need a 4500lb SUV to take one kid to school and soccer practice.  Car accidents kill more people every year than guns.
An assault on our guns is an assault on our Constitutional Rights and every American should be outraged about it.

Sorry about the rant, but this is something that is very important to everyone not just gun owners.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 01:10:49 am by chief »

marmoh

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 08:43:26 am »
Chief ... thank you for writing the truth.  May GOD Bless America, and keep us safe from all enemies, foreign and domestic 

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 10:11:15 am »
As far as assault rifles go.....
I heard a comedian say "If you need a full automatic rifle and a hundred rounds of ammo to kill a deer or hit a target, you need to change hobbies!" 
I kind of agree with him but, by the same token, I don't agree that American's should be restricted from owning anything they can afford or want.
My real thing is "We do not need any more laws at all. If we cant live by the original ten, we are in real trouble any way."

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline lwsjc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 12:34:52 pm »
RIGHT ON CHIEF

Larry

ChuckD

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 04:43:11 pm »
Assault weapon are already against the law.  So only criminals have them. I carry a 10MM auto nearly always, concealed.  No one really knows it is there.  I had one attempted mugging and I still didn't need the gun.  However, if someones starts to shoot into my crowd, he gets only one shot.  I know how to use it and I have taught a lot of others how to use small arms.  That is the secret.   

king310

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 04:53:28 pm »
After 34 years as a Leo I respected a person?s right to own and keep guns. After all of the crimes that I have seen and dealt with by those who committed the most heinous of crimes? Some of those who lost their life and those who lost love ones could have been avoided if they had some type of personal protection.
Inmates would ask me if I would shoot them if they tried to escape. Without a blink of an eye or the draw of a breath I told them "in a heartbeat"
One of my training officers stated it best ?I am a peaceful man. I am so peaceful that I am willing to kill to keep it". It may sound cruel but that was what I was hired to do. I have drawn my weapon numerous times but never had to discharge it.

SMF

Teknoromi