Author Topic: Does anyone else get my odd humor?  (Read 2241 times)

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
Does anyone else get my odd humor?
« on: January 07, 2013, 10:23:19 pm »
I didnt think about it until I went to the Pharmacy to buy mineral oil... Regular wood workers use mineral oil.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:38:10 pm by troy_curtis »

king310

Re: Does anyone else get my odd humor?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 10:29:54 pm »
I just want to know is how you asked the pharmacist for the mineral oil. ?Sir Can you help me I am looking for mineral oil for my wood. I want it to pop! ? ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o :o

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 10:53:25 pm »
This thread is starting to sound like a skit from SNL!!!

~~~GB~~~
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 12:29:59 am by GrayBeard »
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline troy_curtis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 01:07:23 am »
Or Montey Python. LOL. Funny thing is I did tell the clerk I had a new use for the mineral oils. Then I told her what I was using it for. She looked at me very skeptically and told me that she hoped things worked out for me.

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 10:08:20 am »
Hmmmmmmm, sounds like her mind might be in the *gutter*.   I have a wicked (left some say) sense of humor.  Sometimes it takes people a few minutes to figure it out................lol

I went around telling everybody my mother in law was stored in my closet................you should have seen the looks I got.  we had her ceramated and the ashes were stored in the closet until family decided where to spread them.  She's now in the gulf of mexico...............I had more fun with that. 
ChelCass

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 11:01:48 am »
A few years ago I was working for a Battery Store.  I was going to a feed store to pick up some bird feed so the owner ask if I would get her some dog food they had on sale.  I agreed.  It was very close to Christmas. She wanted 2 cases of the canned chicken and 2 cases of the canned beef. She gave me a $50 bill to pay for her order. The bird feed is usually delivered to the dock so I just grabbed the dog food and went to the register. I had the $50 in my shirt pocket to keep it separate from mine. There was a young teen girl working the register and she asked if there was anything else.  Unplanned by me -  I reached into my shirt pocket and whipped that $50 out (I was wearing a Battery Store shirt and coat) and waved it in the air and said  " The Battery Store done paid us a Christmas Bonus and Lordy we are gonna have CHICKEN  and BEEF for Christmas dinner!!!!! You should have seen the look on her face.  Trouble was I bust out laughing about 5 seconds later and the jig was up! After that when ever she was working and I came in she would ask Whats for dinner!
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 11:44:20 am »
When I was making my first cutting board (and using another wood working blog) I had learned that mineral oil was the recommended finish for such projects.
After finishing my cutting board, I posted a picture of it and as a joke mentioned that I had noticed that it said "Lubricant laxative" on the bottle and was afraid that I might give my whole family the "Green apple dirty's"!  :o
I was assured that once cured, it was TOTALLY safe for use. But, BOY!  :o The replies to my post were a RIOT to read for the next week!!  :D :D :D :D

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 01:10:43 pm »
Roger  You didn't by any chance save any of those comments did you?  Would love to read them
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

grampa sawdust

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 07:39:06 pm »
I have been told I have a dry humor and many it goes over the top of their head kind of like a blonde. I know the Mineral oil use had a job and was known as the King of Poop but I preferred CEO of waste management mainly because the wife did not appretiate being the Queen of Poop.

Offline troy_curtis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 09:31:43 pm »

I went around telling everybody my mother in law was stored in my closet................you should have seen the looks I got.  we had her ceramated and the ashes were stored in the closet until family decided where to spread them.  She's now in the gulf of mexico...............I had more fun with that. 

My mother met me step father and shortly after they met they got married. One day as they lay down for bed my mother asked him if his mother was still around (meaning alive). He told her yes, she is in the closet. LOL...that had my mother a bit worried. Of course it was the same thing. She was cremated and in a urn. So that is always a fun way to have some humor.

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 10:43:03 pm »
Took my son to Burger King many moons ago and with his kid's meal he got the cowboy puppet from Toy Story. After lunch I took him to a doctor's appointment. We walked up to the counter to check in. My son was only 4 at the time and was quite short. As I was filling out the sign-in sheet, the clerk walked up and asked who the appointment was for. I told her "For my son". She didn't see him and said, "Where is he?" Without missing a beat, my son raised the puppet and said, "Wanna see my woody?" I don't know who was more embarrassed, me or the clerk.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

SMF

Teknoromi