Author Topic: Live Laugh Love  (Read 1808 times)

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
Live Laugh Love
« on: January 03, 2013, 08:53:35 pm »
I am not sure if this kind of request is allowed, I saw a sign at someone's house that says, "Live Laugh Love" I found a picture of it online it was in the scrollsaw magazine. Not sure of which issue, was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a pattern for this.

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
Re: Live Laugh Love
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 09:50:16 am »
I don't have that pattern but, I have a suggestion.
If you have that picture in your computer, why don't you just print it off and start cutting? I guess you might wan't to enlarge it to suit yourself.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline troy_curtis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 10:27:27 pm »
I don't have that pattern but, I have a suggestion.
If you have that picture in your computer, why don't you just print it off and start cutting? I guess you might wan't to enlarge it to suit yourself.

Rog

I have done that before, but for this particular pattern I would prefer to have the actual pattern.   

Offline jrpeteo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 11:12:38 pm »
Troy, I do believe it's in this book. I did some googling.
2006 - Ultimate Scrolling Pattern Collection volume 1, Page(s):12
Live, Laugh, Love
Burghout, Toni
Fretwork, Words

Pete
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain

The WoodArtist

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 12:43:30 am »
You can also check on the http://www.scrollsawer.com/ I've seen a bunch of designs with this phrase and remember seeing a great one in one of the issues of this magazine. You may also check some of the other fourms that have a pattern library, there are some in there. Hope this helps. Also, as far as tracing the outline of a picture of a finished piece. That's kinda like stealing the design from the desginer which means a violated copyright. Also, the original designer took the time to make the pattern not to have someone copy it. Some designers make a living designing patterns (or try to anyways...), and this is taking away from them supporting their families. Sorry for the rant, just seeing more and more people talking about doing this.

Offline troy_curtis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 03:20:53 am »
You can also check on the http://www.scrollsawer.com/ I've seen a bunch of designs with this phrase and remember seeing a great one in one of the issues of this magazine. You may also check some of the other fourms that have a pattern library, there are some in there. Hope this helps. Also, as far as tracing the outline of a picture of a finished piece. That's kinda like stealing the design from the desginer which means a violated copyright. Also, the original designer took the time to make the pattern not to have someone copy it. Some designers make a living designing patterns (or try to anyways...), and this is taking away from them supporting their families. Sorry for the rant, just seeing more and more people talking about doing this.

Thanks, I appreciate the help. I agree about the tracing thing. I did that once with a pattern for a one time project. Shortly after that I got a book that had the same pattern in it, so now I feel better to actually have the pattern. That is why I am so eager to find the actual pattern for this project. I will try the link you suggest.

SMF

Teknoromi