Author Topic: Curious!!!  (Read 657 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Curious!!!
« on: January 02, 2013, 10:37:19 am »
With all the talk and misinformation flying around regarding COPYRIGHTS this question comes to mind...

Today's posted pattern by Steve uses the "Apple" logo for the Docking Station shown in the illustration.
If I make one and use it myself am I legal?
If I make one or more and sell them at a Kraft Bazaar am I in violation of the copyright involved with the Apple/Mac logo?

This is a clear example of just how muddled these legalities can be.....

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Curious!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 11:04:08 am »
We do not pretend to know all about this issue. It is also very clear how myself and Steve Good stand. What everyone does outside this forum is there business and it is also Steve's business what he posts on his blog. I would also advise that if anyone has questions contact legal counsel regarding Copyright/Trademark issues rather than posting.

From my understanding, you can make anything you want for yourself or personnel use. If it is sold and has a trademark or copyright logo you are breaking the law. This has been stated and posted over and over.

As an example there was a local guy selling the Cornhole Game that he makes along the roadside. He was painting various college and NFL logos on them. A few days later I read in our local paper that he was arrested and also had several multimillion dollar law suites filled against him from the NCAA and NFL. The case is still in litigation. He stated that even if they drop the lawsuits the lawyer fees are going to bankrupt him.

I also know the owner at the local flea market and they will not let you sell anything with logos that have trademark or copyright. If you are caught they ban you from selling there.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 11:20:55 am by Russ C »
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

SMF

Teknoromi