Author Topic: any pen makers on the forum  (Read 1177 times)

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
any pen makers on the forum
« on: December 25, 2012, 11:13:59 pm »
hi all was to my neighbors yesterday and he had a pen blank he bought awhile ago but can seem to get it together.it comes in about 10 to 12 pieces that are laser cut.heres a link to the kit if anyone can help out whould be appreciated.
http://www.penblanks.ca/Laser-cut-pen-blanks-Sunset-Wolf/

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
Re: any pen makers on the forum
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 10:28:38 pm »
I'm going way out on a limb here but . . .  The web site description mentions parts made of a number of different woods and notes the pen kit, presumably the metallic parts, must be ordered separately.  I think all the wooden parts are the small pieces that make up the wooden part of the pen.

Not sure how this helps but I hope it does some good.  Perhaps someone else can improve on my thoughts.

Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Offline paul44224

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 04:55:58 am »
I have only turned one pen so far, and just got my own lathe. Tell your buddy to join up with a forum. The best one out there is www.penturners.org The best in the penmaking world are there.

Paul

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 06:42:36 am »
I'm going way out on a limb here but . . .  The web site description mentions parts made of a number of different woods and notes the pen kit, presumably the metallic parts, must be ordered separately.  I think all the wooden parts are the small pieces that make up the wooden part of the pen.

Not sure how this helps but I hope it does some good.  Perhaps someone else can improve on my thoughts.

Jim
the problem he is having is he cant get the wood pieces to stay together.he has no problem making the pen after that its just complicated to get the wood todether he didnt know if there was some little trick to it.

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

SMF

Teknoromi