Author Topic: ryobi sc165 vs  (Read 1493 times)

king310

ryobi sc165 vs
« on: December 22, 2012, 07:16:15 pm »
Does anyone know anything about this type of saw? My sister inlaw bought one at a pawn shop for $40. It runs but it does not tension up very well. ANY THOUGHT's............I know that is a loaded question but i need to get it running for a xmas gift..... ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
Re: ryobi sc165 vs
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 08:57:42 pm »
King,  Google SC165vs and a site for the manual will pop up hopefully this will help you get your ryobi up and running.  Good Luck!
ChelCass

king310

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 09:37:17 am »
Well found a parts list for the saw. But no operating manual. After read some articles I finally figured out the blade tension. It is a little stiff and is noise but replaced the blower pump with a rubber damper it runs a little quieter and is a rather smooth machine. It will make a great starter saw for my brother.
The loudest part of the saw was when I smashed my left index finger splitting the nail and bleed on the saw??????.AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?.!  ::) ::) ::)$#%#@#$!!! !#^%$%^^!!!  %^$%$%&^^&!  :o :o :o :o :o :o
FINGERS AND MOVING PART DON'T MIX!!!

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 12:40:14 pm »
Here is a site that might be of help.  www.manualowl.com and here is a phone number where you might be able to get a manual. 1 800 525 2579. 

Hope these help.  Chelcass
ChelCass

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 08:54:14 pm »
I had one of those. It was loud compaired to my EX21. Look at the upper and lower blade clamps. The lower one on mine lost the ability to maintain the tension. On close inspection I found that it had cracked and could not tighten enough to hold the blade properly, the blade kept slipping. I ordered replacement parts from e-replacement parts.com but the saw was never the same after. Let us know how it turns out.
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

SMF

Teknoromi