Author Topic: Portrait from photo  (Read 1042 times)

PaulK

Portrait from photo
« on: December 08, 2012, 02:53:22 pm »

Hi, I would be very grateful if anyone can help with a pattern from the attached photo which is very low resolution, for which I apologise. This is a present for a 5th wedding anniversary if I can get a workable pattern.

Appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks - Paul

Old Crow

Re: Portrait from photo
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 07:33:02 pm »
Paul, Your photo is much too small to make a worthwhile pattern. If you have a bigger/better photo I will be happy to give it a shot.
Don R

Offline Al W

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 11:40:07 pm »
Don and other pattern folks - is it easier/better to work off of color or B&W?  What is a minimum size you would like to see to make a pattern?

Al
Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 02:45:52 am »
I also tried ,Paul but like Don said way to small picture :)

Al

Don will be able to give a correct size ( that information will be very helpful to me as well) and I think B&W or color does not matter and I read somewhere that a 300 dpi should be fine.
Mahendra

mahendra

PaulK

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 07:08:49 am »

Thanks to those who kindly replied to this topic. I did wonder if anything could be done from such a small and poor photo.
Will try and get a bigger, higher quality 300 dpi photo and then cpme back to the forum.

Thanks - Paul

Old Crow

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 10:29:21 am »
Bigger is always better, 300 dpi or larger should be fine. B&W or color makes no difference. The subject should be in focus and the picture should have decent contrast although the contrast can be adjusted during the process.
Don R

SMF

Teknoromi