Author Topic: In need of a little help  (Read 1125 times)

tjcebula

In need of a little help
« on: December 07, 2012, 07:30:38 am »
I have this picture of my father in-law to which was the fire chief of my fire department, does any one in this website have the knowledge or capibilites to transform this picture into a portrait, Basically I don't have the software and the knowledge to do a portrait from a picture; can anyone help or take the picture and turn it into a pattern for me. I would like to make a couple of portraits for my wife's family on christmas. The flag in the background doesn't need to be in the portrait, basically just his face and down to the top of shoulders. Thank you very much
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 07:32:21 am by tjcebula »

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
Re: In need of a little help
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 11:41:42 am »
Hi
Here is my attempt!  Had a problem with the picture quality ,I hope you like it :)
Mahendra
mahendra

tjcebula

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 11:45:22 am »
Cool Very nice what kind of software are you using to tranform the pic into a pattern, Yes I know the picture was a bit grainy but thanks for you time I will be using it thanks ;D

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 09:13:35 pm »
Thanks ! I am happy that you liked it ! I am fairly new at pattern making ,the seniors have helped me a great deal and it has made a big difference plus your own take on any picture also gives the pattern a lift( I am no expert at teaching  :) )  I shall quote what Don Rob said to me, practice,practice and some more practice is the key word :)

There are two very good free softwares  on the net, GIMP and Inkscape ,please download them and there are on line video tutorials to learn these, in the begining it might look like it is difficult but it is not ! trust me :)
If any assistance required the seniors are there for your questions and ofcourse me.

Good luck!

Mahendra
mahendra

SMF

Teknoromi