Author Topic: Lots Going On...  (Read 2777 times)

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
Lots Going On...
« on: December 03, 2012, 08:11:16 pm »
...but I did get my Christmas ornament for the exchange mailed off.  ;D

Nov. 30 was my last day of work. I worked for Comair Airlines for the past 6+ years and they have closed their doors. I'm glad to have December off, but I'm sure come February the wife will be tired of me sitting around in my underwear watching Oprah.  :D  Well, I really hope to find employment by then.

Since our kids are all moved out, we put our house on the market. Well, go figure, we accepted an offer but they want us out by the end of December. So much for taking December off. I really wanted to do a lot of scrolling.  :( Looks like I'll be jobless and homeless.  :D

On top of that, I was selected for jury duty and have to show up tomorrow!  :o Well, they let people off duty that have vacations, so hopefully they will let me go also.

At least my son plans to come home mid December. I plan to put him to work packing and moving. This will be a Christmas to remember.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Offline Al W

• View Profile
Re: Lots Going On...
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 08:35:26 pm »
Hold on packing the scroll saw until the day before you leave - just might be able to sneak in a few cuts.

Best of luck with the move, been there many times.

Al
Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

Offline TheMelster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 08:58:47 pm »
Hang on tight. When the s___happens, sometimes it happens so fast it can take your breath away. Have U and Yours in my thoughts and prayers...
GO PACK GO

Becky

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 09:18:29 pm »
Best wishes in your search, Dan.  I hope you find the time to have a Merry Christmas during all the chaos.  

Work is such a love/hate relationship.  I love having the money for wood and tools but I hate not having as much time as I would like to use them!

Good luck to you!

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 02:28:48 am »
that's quit a catching story........
so much changes and uncertainties.
but i see some smilies in between,
so hang in there! 
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 04:40:47 am »
...but I did get my Christmas ornament for the exchange mailed off.  ;D

Nov. 30 was my last day of work. I worked for Comair Airlines for the past 6+ years and they have closed their doors. I'm glad to have December off, but I'm sure come February the wife will be tired of me sitting around in my underwear watching Oprah.  :D  Well, I really hope to find employment by then.

Since our kids are all moved out, we put our house on the market. Well, go figure, we accepted an offer but they want us out by the end of December. So much for taking December off. I really wanted to do a lot of scrolling.  :( Looks like I'll be jobless and homeless.  :D

On top of that, I was selected for jury duty and have to show up tomorrow!  :o Well, they let people off duty that have vacations, so hopefully they will let me go also.

At least my son plans to come home mid December. I plan to put him to work packing and moving. This will be a Christmas to remember.

So Dan where do you plan to move to, and will you be looking for the same line of work? Nosey people want to know your most intimate details. LMAO
We are interested in each others lives, it's what makes this one big family.
Good luck with all your endevours and do keep us posted.    :)
Nosey Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 04:53:09 am »
good luck in you search for a new home, and as Al said, hold off packing the saw as you might have time to get in a few cuts.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 10:32:09 am »
Wow! that's one big kettle of smelly fish.

Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as we all want our family to have good luck and good times.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 11:10:13 am »
Best of all the good wishes I can send you.  Hang in there ;D
I'm from North Dakota

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 08:25:58 pm »
Hey Gabby,

I plan to stay in the Northern KY area because of my wife's job. I wish she could support me and my habits then I would be done with work, but life isn't always that easy. Or maybe I just married the wrong lady. :o I'm done with the airline industry (of course I said that once before). I was an instructor and a tech writer and plan to pursue one of those lines of work. Of course, that could all change if I can find someone to buy some of my scroll work for, say, $500K. ;D

Thanks everyone for lending an ear. I'm usually not this talkative, but is sure feels good.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 09:30:34 pm »
Best of luck Dan, I hope the new year has only good things for you and yours.
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 09:54:20 pm »
When one door closes (literaly) ... hope the right ones open for you and your wife soon.
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 06:32:58 am »
Dan that really stinks, it's bad enough any time of the year but Christmas always makes it seem worse.  I hope everything works out well for you.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

stipes

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 02:36:43 pm »
Good luck Dan. I hate reading about this. : (  Been awhile back while reading the Lexington paper they said Comair was going out. This day in time the ones of us that still have a job is pretty dang lucky. I flew out of Lex to Cinncy a many a time on Comair.
     Hope you find something soon and if you get stressed out come on here and vent or e-mail me. I was without a job once for 2 weeks and got all torn up, couldnt sleep, eat back in the early 90's and like I said I was only off for 2 weeks and now look back and thought how crazy was that for me to get all torn up about it. Good luck to you and family.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 12:13:43 am »
Good luck Dan. I hate reading about this. : (  Been awhile back while reading the Lexington paper they said Comair was going out. This day in time the ones of us that still have a job is pretty dang lucky. I flew out of Lex to Cinncy a many a time on Comair.
     Hope you find something soon and if you get stressed out come on here and vent or e-mail me. I was without a job once for 2 weeks and got all torn up, couldnt sleep, eat back in the early 90's and like I said I was only off for 2 weeks and now look back and thought how crazy was that for me to get all torn up about it. Good luck to you and family.

Especially when many have been out of work for years, like Howard the plumber and My stepson who was out of work for 3 years, and he's well educated and was actively looking.
Good luck Dan I've learned that quite often a forced change like that ends up with you being led to something better.
Keep looking.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

SMF

Teknoromi