Author Topic: Not happy  (Read 2231 times)

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
Not happy
« on: November 28, 2012, 12:15:32 am »
I was happily working away on a portrait for my neighbor of her kids and it broke, no hope of gluing the piece back in, too small, but an intricate part she won't look good with no eye, and no hope of starting another until I get some more wood on Friday.  Only solution was to start something else.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Not happy
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 12:22:53 am »
...Or have a beer! I think we have all been there Marg, but I know that doesn't make it any better. :(
Dan In Southern California

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 06:50:44 am »
Hi Marge....  Me also cut a Beautiful Pattern of my Mother In Law.  Had 4 pieces of 1/8"BB.  The top 3 came our Great.  That bottom one exactly at the EYE where the designer put the lil piece to represent the most important part of a EYE.  It broke off and just disappeared??  Well being very careful I took another copy of the pattern only of the EYE and cut out that little piece.  Was a touchie time getting it exactly like its supposed to look like....BUT....Yea!  Glued that lil piece and Walla.  The forth copy is just as good as the rest.  Anyway this is a solution to this type of problem.  Danny :+}
Danny  :+}

malc

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 07:32:56 am »
I was happily working away on a portrait for my neighbor of her kids and it broke, no hope of gluing the piece back in, too small, but an intricate part she won't look good with no eye, and no hope of starting another until I get some more wood on Friday.  Only solution was to start something else.

Marg
Walk away, deep breath, cup of tea....and start all over again!!!!
Malc

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 07:36:53 am »
been there did that, and had a beer or 2 but in my case a 6 pack as Dan suggested :D

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Dean A

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 07:39:07 am »
sorry to hear that. Good thing is...you cussed, stomped your feet and then vented on the forum...time to move on and make more saw dust!!! Good luck on the next one!!!

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 09:06:33 am »
Marg   I like the way you turned a negative into a positive.  Can't work on this one  Start something else. 
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 01:37:10 pm »
I know it doesn't help knowing we have all done it at some time, but you had the right idea, just start something else and go back to making a new portrait later. (and have a beer/wine or something stronger to cheer you up - purely medicinal of course)
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

rob roy

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 05:38:40 pm »
Sorry to hear of your bad luck Marg. You did the right thing as the guys and gals said,apart from one thing. You should have had some JOHNNIE WALKERS, it's great stuff for an occasion like that. It's also good for starting FIRES. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*.
Rob Roy.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 09:07:34 pm »
Hard luck Marg. at least you have a saw to cut another, mine is still in for repairs has cost me hundreds in sales [time of year]
Jimbo

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 12:18:46 am »

Marg

No hope of cutting it to make it where she has glasses on? If not I guess a new project might be good.

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 09:28:05 am »
@ Rob   Like you would REALLY use JW to stat a fire  (unless its in your belly)
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 01:58:47 pm »
Billy, Rob is a Scotsman, he wouldn't start fires with it, you would need a big crowbar to prize his hand open enough to get at it lol
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

rob roy

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 06:35:59 pm »
Billy,Keefie, There aint a crowbar big enough maybe a CHAINSAW. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::).
Rob Roy.

daliclimbs

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 11:53:11 am »
I know I have been there on a few occasions.. but alas tomorrow is another day.. hope all goes well with the next one!

SMF

Teknoromi