Author Topic: Prodigal son  (Read 1873 times)

Dawie

Prodigal son
« on: November 14, 2012, 12:38:18 am »
Hello all my scrolling friends,

It's been such a long time since I have been here, that I kind of feel like the prodigal son.

There have been so many other things occupying me. Actually all the other things I am now doing is a result of all the support and encouragement the great people on this forum have given me after I came here after having two minor strokes. The positive feedback, gave me back my trust in myself and set me to step out into new ventures THANKS to all of you.

I have been scrolling on and off, but not as much as in the past. I am now involved in 3 client councils from the organization I receive my help and with all the proposed cut backs by the parlement we have been very busy finding ways with the MT to keep the care at a as high possible standard for all involved, we even spoke to some top notch politicians. Further more I have become a volunteer at our Patient Society to help people cope after a stroke. Also I am now once again active in youth work. Besides all of this, I also was involved in the restoration project of our church the past few months. The building has become a monument and we are trying to bring the building back to it's former glory. I have been asked to do a photo shot and to make a dvd with before and after pics.

So that was a very long story. Just wanted all of you to know that I am fine and that I haven't forgotten you, because every time I step out to say or do something I know that a great part is the working of all you great people here.

I will not promise to be here as regular as in the past, but I am now finding the new rhythm is no longer so energy consuming as it was and I have been missing the forum so I will drop in from time to time.

Dawie

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Prodigal son
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 12:59:13 am »
Good to hear from you David! just knowing that you are doing well if enough. Take care and check in when you can!
Dan In Southern California

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 04:08:10 am »
Yep, it's good to hear you are ok, just call in here and chat whenever you get the time.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 06:41:32 am »
Hi David!!!  I was just thinking of you yesterday!  I was going to post if anybody had heard from you.  It is good to know you are OK and active.  I am thrilled that you are so active in the community.  There are several new members and a couple of them had posted about recent strokes and I thought of you.  Visit when you can.  We miss you.

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 08:46:26 am »
Hi Dawie  Don't think we have met  but glad to see you back. sounds like you stay busy enough for two or three people.  Nice to meet you.
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 11:11:50 am »
Hi David, it's great to hear that you are doing good and that you're involved in so many worthy activities.  Keep up the good work and check in whenever you find the time. Take care my friend.
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 12:34:43 pm »
nice to see you again David.
sounds like you are doing great and useful things!
would love to see some pics from the old church and the progress you are making.
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 01:32:09 pm »
Hey, good to hear from you.  Sound like you are a very busy guy.  Pop in and say Hi when you can.
We are here anytime.
I'm from North Dakota

woodwizard

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 04:03:10 pm »
hi dave, it is so nice to hear all the good things you are doing. i,m glad your strokes were taken care of.  do you see all the good things the LORD is doing ???? this is the day the Lord has made. let us rejoice and be in it.

Dawie

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 12:12:02 pm »
Woodwizard. It is surely the Lords goodness that I can do what I am doing. I agree with you 100%.
Dawie

SMF

Teknoromi