Author Topic: Angle Cuts on Dewalt  (Read 895 times)

countryscroller

Angle Cuts on Dewalt
« on: November 02, 2012, 07:20:27 pm »
Well I am making a bowl on the scroll saw by cutting concentric rings at various angles and I noticed something. When I tilt the angle to the right, over maybe 25 degrees when the saw is on, the bottom thumb screw knocks on the bottom of the table. It isn't too much of a problem because I can just use the left angle to cut because it clears everything when tilted to the left. I was just wondering if anyone else has that issue.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Angle Cuts on DeWALT
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 11:19:28 pm »
Hey Dustin, I have not had to cut that steep of an angle. If you need to cut that steep of an angle in that direction, you can reverse the thumb screw on the blade clamp. You will have to remove the jack screw that is opposite of the the thumb screw and switch there position. Shouldn't take more than a minute to do.
Before you reset the position of the screws, put on a dab of blue loctite on the jack screw so it does not move on you in the future.
Dan In Southern California

countryscroller

Re: Angle Cuts on Dewalt
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 11:49:55 pm »
Ok that makes sense dgman, thanks. Like I said it's not a major problem because I can just tilt left, but for future I might need to tilt right. Thanks again.

SMF

Teknoromi