Author Topic: My bees did well this year  (Read 1074 times)

dirts

My bees did well this year
« on: September 02, 2012, 10:39:59 am »
I got eighty pounds of honey off of my one hive this year.  The hive is in my backyard in town.  Three of us beekeepers extracted honey yesterday from our frames.  One of the girls has a hive on an abandoned tennis court in town.  I could not believe how floral her honey tasted.
My container green chile harvest was very successful and I roasted two harvests with my roaster.  Boy when the night temperature dropped in Northern Wisconsin.  That was the end. I already purchased 67 day maturing chile seeds and also next year I'm going to have raised beds; 6bys frame with I beam runners for the bottom supported on I frame saw horses.  I made two I beam sawhorses yesterday to support my kayaks.  The top rail I used 6x.
This winter I'm looking into making my own potting bags out of no weed landscaping material and a Brother serger machine.
I was looking at chain saws and see that Poulan who is owned by Husqvarna is making a 50 cc Polan Pro that sells for $220.00 and it has good reviews.  I went out to my friends house and we cleaned up his land.  I'm addicted to the sound, smell and experience of using a chain saw.
For you fisherman I learned that its peak fishing one hr before and after sunrise and sunset, one hour before and after moonrise and moonset and combine these with a the full moon and the five days following and its fantastic.
I going out in the Kayak tonight.  Reflection of the changing leaves reflecting off the surface of a lake and the cry of a loon and capped off by a beautiful sunset.  My measure of a successful night is not limited by the fish I catch.
I always look at the ever changing clouds and ask how I could paint that on canvas.  It makes me take the time to really look and appreciate their diversity and beauty.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:55:42 am by dirts »

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
Re: My bees did well this year
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 07:52:11 am »
O.K. !!!!!! ???

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
Re: My bees did well this year
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 11:50:41 am »
Sounds idyllic dirts.  The temperatures and water temp will begin to drop here locally and I will increase my kayaking.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

SMF

Teknoromi