Author Topic: my dog has cancer  (Read 2812 times)

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
my dog has cancer
« on: August 10, 2012, 11:31:09 am »
My dog is dieing from cancer. I don't know if I'm going to take her to the vet or I'm just going to put her down myself. She been bleeding from her female parts and has a tumor in her anal. today when I let her out and she went potty outside and then she came back in and wipe her butt on the carpet and got blood on it.

My guess is the cancer getting wrost.  i took her to the vet this is how I know that she has cancer.
Just an sad day today.

later.
 :(:(
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: my dog has cancer
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 02:34:29 pm »
Sorry to hear about your dog. If it were me, I would take her to the vet and let them put her down. She will just gently fall asleep and not wake up. It is the most humane thing to do. Good luck with what you decide.
Dan In Southern California

ChuckD

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 02:37:55 pm »
I had to put my hound down a while back (seems like yesterday).  It was very gentle and quick.  Don't let her suffer.  Our thoughts are with you.  We know you are hurting as much as she is. ')

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 03:01:20 pm »
Sorry about your sad news.  Pets are such a big part of our lives.
I'm from North Dakota

Mainewoods

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 03:12:26 pm »
CG - I feel your pain!  My male lab has been battling something for a couple years now....been under control with meds, but this morning when I got up, he couldn't get his back legs under him and he kept falling over.   I increased his meds today and now he seems to be doing much better, but I know it won't be much longer before the meds don't have an effect anymore!  Dreading that day!

I agree with dgman on taking her to the vet to put her down.  Much more humane!  I've had to do it the other before, and it was waaay harder!

Do what you know in your heart is best --- Good luck!

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 03:32:44 pm »
sorry to hear about your dog i'M with dgman as well i had to get my dog put down a few years ago it was one of the hardest decisions i ever had to make. but now i'm glad i did it that way.

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 03:55:31 pm »
sorry to hear about your dog, but I agree with the others that a vet will put her down with no pain. I think we all get very attatched to our dogs (and any pets) and it's like loosing a family member when you lose a pet.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 07:38:58 pm »
So sorry to hear your dog has cancer, Our dogs are such a big part of our life,I would take her to the Vet. and let them put her to a peacefully sleep and know she is no longer in pain.Then read http://rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 02:34:46 am »
I've had to do it both ways. The vet is best for the dog and you!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 04:03:59 am »
well that's sad news, it's always hard to lose a pet.
hang in there.
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 11:36:49 am »
I have done it myself and would never do it again!  Dogs don't understand things.  They just love.  Make it easier for both of you.  I feel for you!
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

daliclimbs

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 12:27:26 pm »
I hate to hear that! It is certainly tough! I also agree with going to the vet. I have bad memories of instances when I should have.

Offline Coffeepot

• Something good is brewing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 12:41:14 am »
Oh, you have our hearts, CG.  So sorry.  Take her to the vet and hold her for the last time, and she will know you were there til the end.
Scrolling has its perks

Offline Al W

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 09:00:18 am »
Dogs love us unconditionally, treat her with the same love - take her to the vet for a peaceful departure.
Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
Re: my dog has cancer UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 04:30:00 pm »
Well I took my toy poodle to the vet and put her down on monday 8/20/2012 time of death 9:35AM.

The cancer was in her anal. On monday morning she was in pain and breathing hard and she was trying to hold onto my hand with her paw.  I made a cross for her and in that cross I had  one heart on each side of the cross and 3 heart on the bottom and in the middle  it said GOD LOVES YOU.

Its hard but she was 12 years old so she did live a long life.  I was holding her and I was also holding  her on the table as the vet put her to death. As she was starting to do a test with the iv to make sure that it is working right my dog put her head up and look around and then she put her head down and I hold her head as she slip away. She was the frist dead animal I hold and touch. 

I dig a grave for her about 3 to 4 days before she die. 
R.I.P  her name was GIGI.
Thanks for the reply and it made me cry all over again.
bye!

SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

SMF

Teknoromi