Author Topic: Hegner  (Read 4789 times)

aubec

Hegner
« on: August 04, 2012, 06:24:00 pm »
I have always looked at eventually getting a Hegner saw.  Got a chance to buy a Hegner Multicut Quick also known as the Multimax 22 for a really good price.  Just wondering if anyone has used this machine and what your thoughts are.  I've got a feeling that I will be buying this saw because I've just always wanted a hegner but thought I would seek some advice before I went to look.  Is there anything I should look out for?

Thanks

aubec

kennybruzda

Re: Hegner
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 07:46:47 pm »
I have had my Hegner for 10 years and I would not use anything else. It works great and all you have to do is oil it every 8 to 10 hours and it will not wear out

Offline Reaper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 11:05:18 pm »
I bought my hegner as my first saw.I went to a woodworking show and the hegner salesman put me on the one he had with him.He was great and showed me quite a bit.I walked around that day and tried a few of the others.At the end of the day I was a hegner owner and I havent done anything to mine but oil it and bought a few extra blade holders. That was 14 years ago and I still use it and wouldn't trade it for any new one out there........Dave

Offline TripleB

• Simply put, I love Scrolling!
    • View Profile
    • Scroll Saw Paradise
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 12:14:16 am »
Hey Aubec,

A Hegner is a class saw, just be aware, replacement parts are a class price as well. Something you might want to consider.

I had an opportunity to buy a Hegner that needed refurbished, I declined because the cost of the parts to repair it would have been over what a new saw cost.

aubec

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 04:03:00 am »
Hello all

Thanks so much for the replies.  I am going to have a look and try the hegner out later today so will let you know whether I buy or not.  Got a feeling if its as good as they guy says then I will be getting it.

Thanks

aubec

aubec

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 03:11:20 pm »
Hi all

I am now the proud owner of a 22" hegner.  I cannot believe the difference from my previous saw which was the hegner clone available in the UK.  There is no comparison!!!

regards

aubec

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 03:17:28 pm »
Congratulations!
Dan In Southern California

Offline Reaper

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 09:03:33 pm »
I knew you would like it......Dave

ChuckD

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 05:21:32 pm »
I also have had mine for over ten years and the only thing I have had to replace are the clamps.  (Keep and eye on the bottom one when the blade breaks.  Amazing how they can disappear)  You might want to look into the dust collector. Well worth the money.

chippygeoff

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 12:01:40 pm »
Like you I have just got a Hegner. I looked for a second hand one at first but failed to find one. Like you I am in the UK as well. In the end I bought a new one, what a machine, the Rolls Royce of scroll saws.

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 12:52:54 pm »
My 18" Hegner was given to me 3 years ago.  Before I had 3 different low cost saws  the did not last very long.  The Hegner is by far a very simply built, but quality operation. 

Hey Kenny and others....  Just have not EVER thought about any oiling.  How about a quick run down on what and where to oil.  Feel whierd for asking this.
                                                                                       Danny  :+)
Danny  :+}

ChuckD

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 04:20:23 pm »
I went to the Hegner site a long time ago and looked for any info on oiling any where.  No info at all.  So I started looking and found two places where there are moving joints.  So I put a drop or two there when ever I think of it.  Not a good system I admit but over ten years nothing has happen yet.

tux_linux

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 03:36:35 am »
get it! Best you can do.
Check the table if it is rusty and see in which condition the saw is in general.
Clamps can and should be changed if worn out (no big deal at all). The insert in the table too, most use custom inserts anyway.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 03:54:09 am »
With the question of oiling the moving parts, does anyone know if you need to oil the EX21 at all?
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 06:40:19 am »
see the maintenance section on page 10, or just search (ctrl &F)  for oil

http://www.advmachinery.com/manuals/H-manual.pdf

Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

SMF

Teknoromi