Author Topic: need pattern for timber rattle snake  (Read 1365 times)

slayer

need pattern for timber rattle snake
« on: July 28, 2012, 03:18:26 am »
I am looking for a pattern for a timber rattlesnake I have a good pic i took if someone could convert it thanks from wv
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:59:21 pm by slayer »

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: need pattern for timber rattle snake
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 09:34:35 am »
Hey slayer, Welcome to the forum! Go ahead and post the picture so our pattern makers have something to work with. In the meantime, please go over to the introduction page and introduce yourself so we can welcome you properly!
Dan In Southern California

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 10:28:48 pm »
Nice picture of a beautiful snakes slayer.  I hope you didn't live up to the screen name and kill it.  I catch rattlesnakes as part of my job at MacDill AFB and I just relocate them to unpopulated areas.  We don't have timber rattlers here, but we do have eastern diamondbacks and pygmy rattlers.  The biggest I've caught so far was a little over a year ago when I relocated a diamondback of roughly 6 1/2 feet.

I would imagine it is pretty tough to do a pattern of a coiled snake.  I'm no pattern maker, but I think it would be a real challenge.  Did anyone help you out?

Bill
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

slayer

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 02:09:09 am »
NO!! NO!! NO!! The pic of the snake is one i released ofter a logging crew was finished .my wife and myself and my kids spend alot of time trying to educate people about snakes especially rattlesnakes We love snakes and try to save as many as we possible can I am glad to here you do the same i would love to be able to work with a eastern I,ve never had the chance to see one other than on tv or pic,s one day I want to travel south to see one before there all gone ,and I havent had any help on the pattern yet i have saw one once before but i don't know where the pattern came from i hope someone can make one I want to make one for a friend who does a live snake education program for kids and other events

thanks from w.va

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 06:21:53 am »
I don't know if this will help, but this is a link to a pattern made by our Paul (grampa) hope it helps.
http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=53&pid=1258#top_display_media
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

SMF

Teknoromi