Author Topic: Next Holiday update  (Read 1345 times)

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
Next Holiday update
« on: July 26, 2012, 04:40:11 pm »
Ok I'll tell you about Paris. First we were picked up at the train station by a taxi that charged us 95euros later found out should only be 25euro. Went to Disneyland by underground, on the way back we got stuck on the underground for almost 3 hours because there had been a suicide on the track further up the line.  All anounments were in French but thankfully I found a couple of people that spoke English to tell us what was happening plus a lovely frenchman that could not speak English but did the best he could to help. Got to the next station and our tickets had expired and the ticket person would not help us because we did not speak french. Thankfully there was a nice person around to help us.
Next day we went on a on/off tour bus of Paris, had to get off it because the door stopped working, had to wait for another one.
On our last day we had a skip the line tour of the Eiffel Tower and about 10mins before the end of the tour half of the 2nd level was being taped off, people were still coming up but a suspicous package had been found and the lifts had been cancelled & if you wanted to get off you had to walk, well we had to walk because we had a train to catch so over 700 steps and 20mins later we got to the bottom. That was our 4 days in Paris was very glad when we got to London. LOL
Well we are now in Scotland now, & we had a great week in Ireland last week and so far the weathers been fine in Scotland. We are going to the Edinburgh Tattoo at the end of next week, I'm really looking forward to that.
Ok take care and I'll check in again soon.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
Re: Next Holiday update
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 04:47:13 pm »
You will love the Edinburgh Tattoo, and the Scottish people are some of the friendliest people I know, I have only been to Scotland twice, but both times the welcome I received was fantastic. (It's only the horse thieves that'll give you any trouble there lol - sorry Rob lol)
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 04:47:20 pm »
Wow!  What an "adventure!"  I didn't see the first part so I need to go look it up.  Sounds like you are having some trying times.  I hope the rest of your trip is a little less exciting.  :)   Are you going to have pictures when you get back?  I would love to see the places you have been.  I probably will never get there myself.

Stay safe and have fun!

Sheila   :D
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

rob roy

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 05:02:36 pm »
Hi Keefie, sorry to disappoint you, but when we steal a horse we always leave a thank you note LOL. We are only about an hour and a half, (when the wife's not in the car) from Edinburgh.
Rob Roy.

rob roy

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 05:08:33 pm »
Hi Marg, WELCOME TO BONNIE SCOTLAND and I think you will enjoy it, as long as the weather holds up. Remember we get four seasons in the same day here. None of your French shenanigans here. You will definitely enjoy the TATTOO. Enjoy your time in Scotland.
Rob Roy

SMF

Teknoromi