Author Topic: blades  (Read 5805 times)

Dale2006

Re: blades
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 07:03:05 pm »
As suggested.I ordered the sample pack from Mike's Workshop. I ordered online Sunday and got an email from him on Monday that they had been mailed and they got here today.  Get service.  Thank you all.

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 09:19:24 pm »
I didn't read anything rude in Dale response. You are out of line on this one cyberghost. 

OK, it doesn't make sense to ask people who know a lot more than I f ro advice and the not follow it

Well Then i guess i took this line  wrong then  but to me sounds a little rude. 

so long...

SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline rrjwright

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 09:45:45 pm »
Dale. . .

There  are retrofit holders to convert your current pinned blade machine to use the pinless blades.

I  used this conversion kit from  Pozsgai's Designs.   I  converted my old Dremmal to use pinless blades.  It  was a  cheap investment to really  see if  I really wanted to be a Scroller.  You can switch back to the pinned blades pretty  easily as well.

http://www.pozsgaidesigns.com/page0006.htm
Scroll'n... Scroll'n.... Scroll'n
Keep that Sawdust Flow'n

Dale2006

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2012, 08:54:27 am »
Thanks, I am getting by with what I have.  It just seems to take a little more time to change blades.  I have some adapters but I wanted to be sawing and not changing blades.  I am getting faster.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2012, 11:26:52 am »
Thanks, I am getting by with what I have.  It just seems to take a little more time to change blades.  I have some adapters but I wanted to be sawing and not changing blades.  I am getting faster.
Hey Dale, Just like Keefie, I started out with a saw that used adapters and an allen wrench to change blades. It took an average of about two minutes to change from one hole to the next. Now with a better saw, it takes about ten to twenty seconds! So I know how you feel. Regardless of how long it took, I still produced some very nice stuff!
Dan In Southern California

Dale2006

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2012, 07:47:56 pm »
Well, I guess there is a learning curve to everything.  I got Mike's sample pace and tried to get them going today.  When i got the saw it had some blades and adapters with it.  Most of the blades were the type with pins but there were a few pinless.

Anyway, I couldn't quite figure out which way the adapters were supposed to fit.  They are shaped something like a U with a hole on one end, some solid metal in the middle with a slit down the cent and a hex screw to make it tight and a the other end there are two round areas sticking out the legs of the U.  I guess I'm trying to figure out which way the  adapter fits in the unit.  Does the hole face the unit or the other way around.

I hope this makes sense.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2012, 08:11:26 pm »
Can you post pictures of both the adapters and where they attach?
Dan In Southern California

Dale2006

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2012, 09:52:27 pm »
No, I don't have a camera I can post with right now.  But I thin I know what I am doing wrong.  I'll check when I get home from work tomorrow.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2012, 08:14:51 am »
The slot in the U should face the front of the saw.

Dale2006

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2012, 07:23:17 pm »
Thanks, I'll try that tonight.

rob roy

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2012, 07:14:51 pm »
Hi Keefie, that is a lovely portrait. Afraid i'm still using the allen key for tightening the blade holders. It's a bit of a pain in the butt as you say, and a bit slower, but what the heck, I've plenty of time on my hands.
Rob Roy.

SMF

Teknoromi