Author Topic: Another Batch of Christmas Ornaments.... :+}  (Read 4411 times)

Offline Leldon

• View Profile
Re: Another Batch of Christmas Ornaments.... :+}
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 09:52:42 am »
DAnny, I like!  Where do you get the plywood?  Is it baltic birch?  I have tried to find a source here in Alabama and can't find one!

Leldon

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 11:47:40 am »
Hey Leldon....  Well I just got back from MICHAELS....  The one here sells the 12" X 24" 1/8" Birch Ply. They also have the 12x12 and larger thicknesses.
I also order a lot from Sloan....  Most of the ornaments were cut from my last order from Sloan which included.  Baltic Birch, Maple and Red Oak.  I have found the birch from Michaels to be good.  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline frankorona

• Frankorona (Frank) (Crown)
    • View Profile
    • Frankorona?s workshop
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 03:49:50 pm »
Very well done, i like it

Mainewoods

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 07:36:44 pm »
Very nice work Danny! 

Offline Leldon

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2012, 01:39:47 am »
Thanks, Danny.  I have used Sloan's for years!  Their wood is great and service is even better.  I have been buying my BB from Woodcraft in Pelham the last few months though.  Its easier to drive there and pick up a 30x60 sheet than ordering and having to wait on the post man!  I have been looking for months trying to find some one in northern or central Alabama that sells full sheets of 1/8".  I have found places that ell 1/4" and up but not 1/8"!  The other day I happened by a site that sold it in full sheets.  they are located in Chattanooga.  Its only about 2 hours away and its is only $16 for a 5x5' sheet!  I think I will be going there from now on unless I am in a hurry.  I have 3 full sheets waiting at home now and I still have some pieces from Woodcraft to use.  I think I am set for most of the christmas cutting!

Leldon

Offline Reaper

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2012, 11:35:41 pm »
I think they all came out really good. I do a craft fair right after halloween.You inspired me to start earlier than I usually do....

SMF

Teknoromi