Author Topic: Sore Nanna  (Read 2762 times)

SheGold

Sore Nanna
« on: June 21, 2012, 06:31:08 pm »
Well folks I found out I don't bounce like I used to.. I fell off a ladder yesterday, and go figure I did not jump up and look to see who might have seen me land. I have no broken bones just sore from the sudden stop. I can laugh now but I sit in the floor crying yesterday. I'm a bit sore today but seem to be recovering well. Thought all you folks out there could use a good laugh.. Imagine a short, squishy Nanna trying to bounce off the floor after taking too big of a step and grabbing only air.. Geez that stop was sure sudden.. Ya'll have a great day... Hugs to ya

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
Re: Sore Nanna
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 06:46:33 pm »
I did exactly the same thing about 5 years ago. I did mine in the shop, landed on concrete and did not bounce either. I broke the ball joint off the end of my leg  bone in the hip. Spent a week in hospital and got a new titanium joint. I still count myself lucky because my head just missed the edge of the work bench by about 2" or I wouldn't be writing this
Getting old ain't for wimps.   ;) :D ;D

Rog
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 06:49:09 pm by Rapid Roger »
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

woodwizard

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 06:50:44 pm »
Hi Goldie, sorry about your accident.but thankful you did,nt get hurt any worse. you have to watch out for that first step. take care and get better soon. john

rob roy

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 06:51:30 pm »
Hi Shegold, sorry to hear of your mishap with the ladder. As they say, its not the fall which causes the damage it's the sudden stop. I know how you feel, I've done the same on a few occasions. Just make sure you haven't done any unseen damage. At least you've still got your sense of humour. Take care of yourself. Hope you weren't up the ladder scrolling LOL.
Rob Roy.

woodwizard

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 06:51:31 pm »
Hi Goldie, sorry about your accident.but thankful you did,nt get hurt any worse. you have to watch out for that first step. take care and get better soon. john

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 06:57:13 pm »
Hi Shegold, the most important thing is you weren't hurt badly (except for your pride) It's true what they say though, it's not the fall that hurts you - it's the landing, and I too can vouch for that with all the falling I keep doing. Wishing you better soon (((((Hugs)))))
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

rob roy

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 07:01:04 pm »
You sound a bit like me Keefie. They used to call me the FALL GUY,but that was a few years ago, well, at least a couple.
Rob Roy.

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 07:56:26 pm »
Even though I am built like a rubber ball, I don't bounce so good either.  Hope you aren't too black and blue. Treat yourself to something special.  You will feel etter about the whole thing  :D
I'm from North Dakota

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 08:21:30 pm »
Hey Sheila, Sorry to hear about your fall. I'll tell you what the best medicine is....... Chocolate and a good stiff drink; that should make you feel a lot better!
Dan In Southern California

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 08:54:08 pm »
I am just really glad you didn't break anything. As you get older it takes longer to recover, trust me I know. Take care and stay safe Sheila.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

daliclimbs

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 12:16:35 am »
Glad to hear your OK. It did the same thing just a couple weeks ago. If I bounced it couldn't have been much.. ;)

SheGold

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 02:41:29 am »
Thank you all.. I do feel better.. If you can't laugh at yourself somethings wrong.. hugs.. Sheila

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 09:21:21 am »
How you feeling today Sheila? better I hope.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 09:26:05 am »
Wow, you are one resilient one! I would still be grousing over that kind of mishap! Please, take it easy for a couple days and don't neglect any lingering pains! The bruises will go away but anything underneath could be a problem...this ol' guy knows!

I, too, would give you the same prescription as Dan...a dose of chocolate and sour mash will do wonders for the attitude if not the pain!

HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 10:59:02 am »
Hey Sheila, did You hear a little voice in you head saying "I shouldn't be doing this"?
Dan In Southern California

SMF

Teknoromi