Author Topic: Hello from Ohio :)  (Read 1883 times)

SeanR

Hello from Ohio :)
« on: June 16, 2012, 10:31:02 pm »
Hi folks,
 My name is Sean, I live in southern Ohio. I am 44yrs old and I am just picking up on scroll sawing and am waiting for my saw to arrive. I went ahead and bought the 16 inch Craftsman. I also ordered a gross of Flying Dutchman blades ultra reverse. I am a wood carver so I am hoping I can transition right into this no problem. I know I am going to have to practice and that is no problem for me to do.
 I am sure I am going to have a ton of questions hehe. But while I wait for my saw I have been reading the boards and watching Steve's videos, which by the way are awesome along with his patterns! I would love to learn to do my own patterns but I am not an artist. But my daughter is hehe. Do you have to be an artist to really make your own patterns?
 Anyhow I have been yapping long enough :) Glad to meet everyone and here is to a loong new scroll sawing adventure.

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
Re: Hello from Ohio :)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 11:28:17 pm »
Welcome aboard Sean!  Glad to have you aboard and you will certainly enjoy this family of scrollers! I have only been scrolling since March, and Steve and the rest of this forum family have taught me a lot. My name is Tony,aka,Toneman and I live in Paris, Texas.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 11:53:30 pm »
Hey Sean, Welcome to the forum! I'm Dan from Southern California. Come on in and join the fun!
Dan In Southern California

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 12:13:35 am »
hello Sean welcome aboard i'm Todd from newfoundland Canada

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 07:06:41 am »
Glad you found us Sean. Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. A day without saw dust is like a day without sunshine.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

SeanR

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 07:11:16 am »
Thanks for the warm welcome folks! Boy I can sure see this hobby getting me in hot water with the wife hehe. All those patterns!! I am going to have to build a new room for my pattern library, right next to the bank...

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 10:37:13 am »
Welcome from North Dakota.  My biggest thrill is creating my own design, turning it into a pattern,cutting it, finishing it, listening to it being admired....But the best part is having someone turn over cold hard cassh for it  ;D
I'm from North Dakota

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 11:34:38 am »
Hi Sean, welcome to the forum, I'm Keith from Cornwall U.K.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 05:51:02 pm »
Welcome to this forum. I am just a year younger than you. Started my scroll sawing hobby a few months ago and love it. I have a very limited work with wood so this is all pretty new to me. This site has helped me in so many ways and the people on here are all so nice. Good to see someone on here besides me that likes to yap. Im sure we will see each other on and I look forward to seeing your projects. BTW, I am from Phoenix AZ.

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 10:44:51 pm »
Welcome Sean :) I am Mahendra from India.
mahendra

SMF

Teknoromi