Author Topic: thanks  (Read 4583 times)

thumbs

thanks
« on: June 09, 2012, 07:41:19 am »
First off , I want to say thank you for your prays and words of encouragement--It has been a little over a week since my thumb was cut off-- I haven't had any pain since last Saturday, so I didn't have to take any pills--Second, I beat the beast yesterday--I have been looking at the basement door all week like there was something down there--does that make sense to any one--but yesterday I went down and cleaned up where I had been working, cut on Steve Good's sliding lid box [work in progress]  I wish I could tell everyone how good it felt--once again thanks for everything--Richard

bampasr

Re: thanks
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 07:49:14 am »
It,s hard to keep a scroller away from his saw. take care.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 07:51:08 am »
Hang in there Richard.  I am sure it is very traumatic, but give it time and you will adjust.  You are already taking the right steps.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 08:32:56 am »
I can't even imagine what you are going through Richard and I am so glad your not in a lot of pain. You know the old saying, "If you fall off your horse, get right back in the saddle". It sounds like that is exactly what you are doing. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 09:31:58 am »
Glad you looked the beast in the eye Richard! Never experienced what happened to you, but, I have experienced similar situations where I would not let the negatives win in my life.

Tony,aka,Toneman

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 10:27:32 am »
It is a good thing when we face the monsters in our lives and win.  I am proud of you that took a lot of intestinal fortitude. 
I'm from North Dakota

cameronj

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 11:32:04 am »
Way to go Richard, I'm glad you faced the beast head on.  I'm sure you'll find that using your scrollsaw will actually be like physio.  Hang in there.

Graywolf

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 01:51:59 pm »
That's good Richard, you faced the beast. When I cut my fingers off, the Dr. said, "now you goning to go home and throw that saw away?" I told him, "if I fell off a horse and broke my arm should I kill the horse? Don't think so!" I must admit it took me a while before I faced the saw, but when I did we had a good talk.. That was about eight or nine years ago. I still get up tight when I use the table saw, but I do it anyway. That saw died this year and I miss her. I had her for at least 15 years. Not bad for a $100.00 saw.

Hang in there Richard. You will come back strong. We are praying for you.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 04:25:21 pm »
good to see your progress Richard!
can't imagine how i would feel....
quit scary i guess.
get well soon!
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline TheMelster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 06:12:03 pm »
 ;) I am so glad things are on the upside for you. I had a motorcycle episode which kept me off my bike for a month b4 I would or could get back on, but I did. Glad your making your way back!
GO PACK GO

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 06:23:11 pm »
Glad to see you didn't let the "beast" get the better of you. Now you just gotta take it steady and let yourself heal properly. I'll keep you in my prayers for a quick recovery.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

SheGold

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 04:15:15 am »
Richard my thoughts are with you.. Glad you slayed the beast.. Now its all for the beauty and love of the cutting.. Hugs sent your way and God bless... Sheila

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 07:36:34 am »
So glad to read this!  You have a great attitude and that will get you through all of this.  I am also happy that you aren't in a lot of pain.  Like the others, I am proud of you and your wonderful outlook is an inspiration to me and many others I am sure.  Welcome back! (((HUGS)))  Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 03:48:21 pm »
I also can feel your reluctance to use that 'beast' again! My only incident with the TS was a rather serious 'kickback' that cracked a couple ribs and I learned that it was ME not the saw and we have become friends.

Proud of you Richard!

And HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZ from me also!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline glenn wouters

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 06:57:12 am »
I'm very happy for you thumbs that you're OK.

I hope you will keep on scrolling.

Greetings Glenn, Belgium.

SMF

Teknoromi