Author Topic: A letter to the Cardinals from an Atlanta Fan....  (Read 676 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
A letter to the Cardinals from an Atlanta Fan....
« on: May 24, 2012, 07:30:05 pm »
I would like to tip my ball cap and express my most sincere and heartfelt appreciation to John Mozeliak, the Cardinals Players and the entire Cardinal Nation for your recognition of Chipper Jones -- and the superior manner in which you recognized him while the Braves were in town: the 45 second standing ovation on Friday night -- amplified by Jadier Molina when he stepped out from behind the plate; but especially the pregame presentation on Sunday. This had to be one of the classiest things I've ever seen in the sport of baseball, if not any professional sport in my lifetime.

As a 2007 transplant to the St. Louis area from Virginia (born In GA and raised mostly in the South), I have been a Braves Fan since 1966. I have watched Chipper play since he was in AAA Richmond.

I attended Sunday's game with my daughter to watch Chipper (also her favorite player) play one last time. I was practically speechless as I witnessed the presentations by the Cardinal?s Organization and its players. I was even more impressed by the reaction of the Cardinal Fans. You gave a standing ovation to a player who spent an entire career as your opponent! In my opinion, unprecedented and the word ?Classy? does not quite do it justice.

I have been to a few games in other ball parks across the country and I can honestly say that on Sunday, as an opposing fan, I have never had a more enjoyable experience. I did not get booed for wearing my Braves hat; my daughter did not get hassled for wearing a Brave?s #10 Jersey; no one poured beer on anyone or threw anything at them for wearing an opposing team's jersey (even the fans in Cub?s jerseys? I guess they thought it was Monday); nor did I see or hear of a single disturbance. I enjoyed talking about the game, the players and the history of baseball with the knowledgeable Cardinal?s Fan seated on my right in section 237. It made it all the more enjoyable.

Sunday was a day my daughter and I will remember and cherish forever and I wanted to make a special effort to compliment you, your players and the Cardinal Nation. Thank you for your Southern Hospitality, superior good sportsmanship, knowledge and high level of respect for the Game of Baseball. Clearly, the tradition of Baseball is in good hands in St. Louis.

Hat tip Cardinal Nation!

And again, Thank You.
Tracy Ralphs

I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SMF

Teknoromi