Author Topic: DW788 Scroll saw  (Read 1458 times)

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
DW788 Scroll saw
« on: May 24, 2012, 01:33:00 pm »
I have a problem with my scroll saw dewalt dw788 scroll saw.  When I run it and then left my foot off the foot switch it stops like right now it use to have a some play in it after stopping. To me it sounds like there something tight there times where I can't rock the blade up and down. and it also making a loud knocking sounds.  I had this scroll saw into acme tools two times and this time and they can't find anything wrong with it the last two times and I ask to speck with a supervisor and ask to see if there was soneone else to fix it other then that moron George at amce tools in fargo nd and the supervisor just call me today and told me that this other guy never repair a scroll saw so now I have to take it somewhere else to get it fix.  I don't use this scroll saw that much anymore. I want it fix so that I can sell the darn thing and get a new scroll saw the delta 60-695 model.  That dewalt scroll saw type 2 &*^^ me off from day 35 after getting it.  I'm glad that I got the ex-21 scroll saw that been working good.  But I hate changing the blade in the ex-21 scroll saw from a #3 to a number 5 blade.    That one other webiste you guys talk about really don't help me much. I hate taking power tools apart.    I know i'll be hearing from judy hunter in a day or so.     thanks for listening to my B***h about it.

SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

tux_linux

Re: DW788 Scroll saw
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 12:14:30 pm »
I might have currently a similar problem with my Hegner, which I upgraded with a Bike's lever to get a fast tension system (Clickedy for pics).
The mechanism seems to be worn out and makes the saw quite loud when the tension is not set to a proper value.

I will check if I can make it better if I change the lever or if I also need to change some of the saw parts (there are triangle blocks on the tension rod to let the arms move freely while being under pressure).

SMF

Teknoromi