Author Topic: Scotty  (Read 1711 times)

cherie

Scotty
« on: May 22, 2012, 10:04:29 am »
Well we had some news a bit earlier this evening.  Debbie's husband, well his leave did not get approved for them to come get Scotty come June.  So it has been moved up to this weekend, which is also my birthday weekend and Jaun and mines 2 year anniversary or marriage (even though we have been together for 9 years).  In a way this is good new since I have many projects going and my saw has been running at top speed along with the bandsaw, planer and drill press.  So the workshop is full of saw dust and pieces of wood everywhere.  But in another sense it will be an emotional weekend with him leaving since we were not ready for it yet.  It is bad enough Jaun told me that he would not be able to make it in let alone see Scotty before he leaves.  I just hope I do not end up in such an emotional state like I did last time the kids were here for 2 years!  I was so ready for them to leave, but when it came right done to it, I just sat around the house doing nothing and listening to nothing.  Took me over a month to get back to making things.
Anyways, I just wanted to let ya's know.  :-\

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: Scotty
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 10:35:09 am »
Well, Cherie - these are times in our lives when we learn to appreciate every single day.  You have made some wonderful memories with Scotty and I am sure he will also remember them his entire life.  While it is very painful right now, you have some great and positive things to focus on.  Fate is funny that way.  Make the best of the days you have with him and then (after a good cry!) focus on all the joy you bring so many others with your beautiful woodworking.  Keep looking on the GOOD side of things and you will find yourself happier and more productive than ever.  Part of loving others is to let go sometimes.  (((HUGS)))  Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 11:06:08 am »
Keep yourself busy and remember the good times and all the fun you had together.
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 12:39:55 pm »
Listen to Sheila! She is the most 'positive' person I have never met!!!

I have never had a situation so bad that it did not have SOME positive repercussions. I often couldn't see them at the time but they were there and eventually came into view....

See you in July, Kid!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 02:10:24 am »
Cherie I don't know your situation, so all I will say is listen to Sheila the lady as wisdom.  And please except these hugs from me.  ((((HUGS))))  ((((HUGS))))

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

tux_linux

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 11:56:43 am »
[...]Part of loving others is to let go sometimes.

so true!
Carrie, you can be proud of what you made him to be, he's grown up quite some and - at least what you let us know - a good boy.
Now it seems to be time to let him show what he has learn while he was with you.

I hate and love it at the same time when our kids are making another step forward:
I love it because the little ones are making a great impression and are doing so well.
I hate it because it feels each time like they need me a little bit less while it also feels like yesterday when they were babies and I had to take care of them.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:00:21 pm by Torsten »

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 02:54:42 am »
Well, Cherie - these are times in our lives when we learn to appreciate every single day.  You have made some wonderful memories with Scotty and I am sure he will also remember them his entire life.  While it is very painful right now, you have some great and positive things to focus on.  Fate is funny that way.  Make the best of the days you have with him and then (after a good cry!) focus on all the joy you bring so many others with your beautiful woodworking.  Keep looking on the GOOD side of things and you will find yourself happier and more productive than ever.  Part of loving others is to let go sometimes.  (((HUGS)))  Sheila

Sheila you are wise beyond your years, very well put.
Nothing to add,
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 07:02:01 am »
well Cherie, sound like really hard times you (and Jaun) are going through.
But also for Scotty, I'm sure he will mis both of you as well!
think of all the good things you could do for him.
hang in there, and don't be a stranger if you feel a bit down.
we all are here and we will try to cheer you up.  ;D
that's what friends are for.   ;)
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

SMF

Teknoromi