Author Topic: Tension on hawk G4  (Read 835 times)

rochar3

Tension on hawk G4
« on: May 20, 2012, 12:18:41 pm »
Hey Guys & Gals,
Lately, I have been having trouble keeping proper tension on G4. I start out good and wind up wandering and losing tension. Is there a part I should know about or am I setting tension wrong in first place? Get high C tone and less than 1/8 side to side. Just wondering if anybody else has this problem. Stack cutting 3- 1/8 Baltic plywood and using # 1 & 3 FD UR blades. As usual, thanks for your help.
Bob

" A committee should consist of no more than three people with two people absent"

UHMNL

Re: Tension on hawk G4
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 12:33:27 pm »
Bob,
Try to clean the insides of the clamps with alcohol or any other cleaner.
FD Mike

joey65746

Re: Tension on hawk G4
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 07:18:28 am »
there is a nut on the bottom side of the adjustment on the back it is a lock nut if that nut has been used alot it will need to be replaced you can get them at any hardwere store  win you put a new one on it will be tight and you should have to use sumthing to hold it win you adjust it  it is a easy fix it is just a part that needs changed from time to time  i wood also check your clamps out  i thake the set screws out and use a pice of samd paper to ruff the up a litle bit   hope this helps  you have a awsome saw i have 2 of them and wood like to have a couple more  ;D

SMF

Teknoromi