Author Topic: Hungarian Pointer AKA Vizsla  (Read 2932 times)

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
Hungarian Pointer AKA Vizsla
« on: May 17, 2012, 07:28:49 pm »
This Is our Champion Vizsla, Sun-Up Magnum Forty Four AKA "Pistol"
His record is:
First place      =71
Second place  =40
third place      =22
fourth place    =17
150 trials
He was two times National champion, and at his death he was the winningest Vizsla ever and I believe his record still stands. We were very fortunate to have been his owners and are humbled by his achievements. He was always a gentleman and a competitor, he lived to hunt! He was trialed against all the pointing breeds and defeated them all, What a dog he was.
He is missed!
Grampa or Joleet if you could make a pattern of him from this photo I would appreciate it. This is the only photo I have of him like this.
(See Gallery) I uploaded it full size to the gallery, I don't know if it will work
I would like to make a memorial plaque for him.
Thank you in advance,
Gabby
P.S. Vizsla, Say  Veesh la
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 07:41:47 pm by Gabby »
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
Re: Hungarian Pointer AKA Vizsla
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 10:59:39 pm »
Oh what a beautiful dog!! That great doesn't come along very often.
I'm from North Dakota

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 01:45:40 am »
Oh what a beautiful dog!! That great doesn't come along very often.

Thanks Judy,
That's why I would like to do his portrait if our pattern makers can do their magic, I wish I had a better photo to work from but this is the best I have. I made a sign using this sihlouette and a weather vane as well. the Sign is at the entrance to our Driveway and the vane is on top of our carport. Both were cut by hand with a cutting torch from heavy gage sheet metal and welded by yours truely using acetlyne welding as I don't have an arc welder.
I'm rambling again, and living up to my handle.  ::)
Gabby
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 03:18:01 pm by Gabby »
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 11:36:47 am »
I agree with Judy, that is one beauty of a dog.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Joleet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 12:13:26 pm »
Wow Gabby...What a beautiful dog...My neighbors son has a Vizsla and I have always been jealous! 
Gabby, the photo is very small and good detail was difficult, however, here is my try of Pistol.
Hope it helps and will work for you....Ron
Ron... Twin Falls, Idaho

Me Slow?  I get up in the morning with nothing to do and go to bed at night with half of it done!

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 03:32:38 pm »
Thank you Ron that is a good pattern and I'm saving a copy, but I'll wait and see if Grampa out does you on this one I'm hoping he includes some of the background.
If not I'll sure give yours a try and see how it comes out. I knew it was going to be difficult due to the quality of the photo. Maybe Laurie has a copy I can re-scan at a higher resolution, she's at a dog show today so I'll have to wait and see what she has. I know we have prettier photos of him but not on point, those are hard to get. He was a handsome fellow.
Thanks again,
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 04:07:03 pm »
He's Beautiful Gabby.  Great Point!

I had a Black Lab who had paper up the koozie...........i was not into showing.  I did that with horses and had my fill!  She past away 3 years ago at age 16 and people still talk about her and what a wonderful dog she was.  Had a nose on her that put other to shame and the patiences of Job!! 

They only come along once in a lifetime.  I'm so glad Pistol came into your life.  Everytime you think of him you will smile with a little bitty tear in your eye..................Wonderul picture of him.  Thanks for sharing.

God Bless, Chelcass
ChelCass

Offline Joleet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 08:58:12 pm »
Gabby....Wasn't sure what you wanted, so I gave Pistol another go with some background.  Hope this will help.  Ron
Ron... Twin Falls, Idaho

Me Slow?  I get up in the morning with nothing to do and go to bed at night with half of it done!

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 04:35:49 am »
Thanks Ron that dresses it up a bit, it is so naked without it.

Laurie had a good day at the show today but was way too tired to even think of asking her about the photo.
Her stud dog Banner made her happy in obedience and rally, and she has another big day with four classes to show in. She is going to be 78 in june and I don't know how she does it, but it's starting to wear on her, I hope she can get all the titles she wants on him before she has to retire. I know that is going to be a bad day as she lives eats sleeps and breathes dogs. She started her career as a kennel girl at age 14 and has been a pro handler and trainer and breeder all her life. She raised champion Shelties, until just before we met, and then we got into the Vizslas and since moving to OR she has met and fallen in love with and started breeding what are now known as Miniature American Shepherds, prior to acceptance by the AKC they were called Miniature Australian Shepherds. As they were bred down in size from that parent stock. She loves them but my love was the Vizslas so I don't do anything with her "babies" I would draw back a stump if I corrected the spoiled darlings, so you know I will make sure to leave them be for the sake of a peacefull household. LOL
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline jeff44

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 01:27:23 pm »
Gabby I know how you feel, I am the same way about my Retired Racing Greyhounds.  I am on my 5th. now.  They are around 4 to 5 years when they come off the track and can live to 12 to 15 years.  Markie is 12 1/2 now and is an old gentleman, he is losing his teeth and has artrititis but we love him and try to keep him as comfortable as possible.

Offline frankorona

• Frankorona (Frank) (Crown)
    • View Profile
    • Frankorona?s workshop
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 09:23:04 am »
Hi Gabby, I am sorry for your loss.
Now if you can not have a pattern of your photo, you could make a pet urn and put his name set or pyrography.
I send a photo of a similar job I did.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2012, 12:54:13 am »
That's a nice memorial Frank, but we don't have his ashes.
Thank you for the suggestion.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

SMF

Teknoromi