Author Topic: Some of my work after 3 weeks of scrolling  (Read 3056 times)

Trev80

Re: Some of my work after 3 weeks of scrolling
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 06:33:06 pm »

Hi Keefie

The design was one of my own... I dont know how to design on a computer so used a pencil and drew it onto the wood and used a compass and cups and bowls etc to get the curves correct.

I have since traced around one I have cut out and scanned it into my computer as your comment reminded me that once I give the owls to those who purchased them I would have had to have drawn it again from scratch (had been tracing each owl to cut each stack)

I think I have sent you a pm as I am happy to email the design to anyone who would like it so drop me a PM with your info.... Please be aware that due to me tracing it on to paper and scanning it you will need to clean up a few lines with a pen or pencil before applying the pattern but that should be easy enough for all of you as you are all better at this than me.

I have cut mine out of 7mm ply and 3mm MDF (obvioulsy wear dusk mask with MDF as the glues used to make MDF are not pleasant when turned to dust for your lungs but are safe once cut)

The ply ones were stained with a sample pot of "intergrain natural deck stain in the tone of merbau" and the 3mm MDF were painted with regular gloss black that I had in the garrage from doing the trim under a black feature wall in the home office.

The mini owls are also in 3mm MDF and will be turned into fridge magnets (about to post a tip on where to get free magnets from in the general section)

Trev

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 07:25:24 pm »
Looking good!
I'm from North Dakota

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 09:53:08 am »
They look great, nice work.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline geneVG

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 11:55:47 pm »
They look a whole lot better then when I started to scroll.  They look great, keep up the good work.

gene
Gene Van Grevenhof

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2012, 12:54:04 am »
Beautifully cut project, I wish you all the best in your future projects and may you sell each and every work of yours and build up your workshop with all the tools essential for this beautiful art of scrolling  :)
mahendra

Marshall

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 06:22:30 am »
Pretty work here ...............I'll bet would sell well ...........

SMF

Teknoromi