Author Topic: Momma Nature is mad at us again!  (Read 2732 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Momma Nature is mad at us again!
« on: April 29, 2012, 11:14:47 am »
Friend, 6 miles form me, got her car beat to hell by 3" hail, tent blown down after Cardinals game with 1 dead and over 100 injured. We got heavy rain, pea size hail and some lightening.

I love living in the midwest! Where else can you find such variety in weather!

AND more on the way today.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

scrollingdesigns

Re: Momma Nature is mad at us again!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 11:27:27 am »
I grew up in the middle of Illinois, little town of El Paso, and I will tell you what, I am glad we don't live in that part of the country now. It is beautiful, all green and lots of trees but for that pretty country to stay that way takes lots of rain. With rain comes the bugs and storms. No thank you. We live in AZ now, Phoenix area, and we love it. I always say, If I have to sell pencils on the street corner to live, at least I won't freeze to death. Yes, we got the heat, but that is good for the old bones these days. We will take the heat any day over the terrible thunder storms and tornados that are happening else where.
Good luck with the moma nature, she is a very fickle person.

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 05:48:18 pm »
This morning I looked out my kitchen window and thought, "it must be warm out already today, there are flies outside". Them I looked a little harder, the eyesight isn't what is used to be, and discovered it was snow blowing around. So much for the warm day here on "The Rock" >:( >:( >:(
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 06:37:36 pm »
Cold and miserable here in ND. Just came in from mowing my 5 acres of lawn and breaking new ground.  Drizzling a little but the mower did good as soon as I put air in the tires.
I'm from North Dakota

rob roy

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 07:35:09 pm »
Hi Clyde, don't break any windows or you'll get SNOW in the shop. hope it improves soon. lol.
Rob Roy.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 11:09:37 pm »
88 degrees here on the Suncoast of Florida today.  We have our share of radical weather here to, but I couldn't pick anywhere I'd rather live. 
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 03:42:13 am »
I grew up in the middle of Illinois, little town of El Paso, and I will tell you what, I am glad we don't live in that part of the country now. It is beautiful, all green and lots of trees but for that pretty country to stay that way takes lots of rain. With rain comes the bugs and storms. No thank you. We live in AZ now, Phoenix area, and we love it. I always say, If I have to sell pencils on the street corner to live, at least I won't freeze to death. Yes, we got the heat, but that is good for the old bones these days. We will take the heat any day over the terrible thunder storms and tornados that are happening else where.
Good luck with the moma nature, she is a very fickle person.

I grew up in Tempe, and get homesick from time to time. Just stay out of the washes if you see any water running in them, nearly every year some numb nuts gets washed away by flash floods.
While living outside of Prescott in a little town called Dewey, We had 2 hail stormes about a year apart that produced golf ball size stones, we had a 8' satellite dish, the hail blew the mesh clear out of it and we had to have the roof on half of the house replaced and on half of the garage you should have seen my Dodge Dually. Not pretty This happened twice thankfully the second time wasn't quite as bad. Oh I forgot to mention the sky lights in the kitchen and the 2 bathrooms Busted!
No matter where you live weather can be ugly, no place is perfect.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 08:27:39 am »
Rob Roy, My windows are two layers of 1/4 plate glass, but I will be careful. Bill the Diver, I have several snowbird friend that migrate to Florida when the snow comes, wish I was one of them ;D ;D
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Graywolf

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 09:59:00 am »
scrollingdesigns, I know where El Passo is. We live in Peru, not far from there. We got rain this week end. We needed it bad.

Offline slowcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 11:30:38 am »
I love the Oregon Coast.
Every once in awhile I get to see that big yellow UFO that crosses  the sky.
JP

S - ee
M - iracles
I - n
L - ife
E - veryday

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 08:32:05 pm »
Gabby is right.  No matter where you live you will get some kind of nasty weather.  I am originally from MW (michigan).  Have a thunderstorm with lighting one day and *BOOM* lighting hit the outside electrical and set my house on fire.  God was smiling me that day.  I had just had fire resistant insulation put in the attic and that stopped the fire long enough for hubby to hit with a fire extingisher.  Fire dept went up and made sure everything was OK.

Now I'm in middle Tennessee and talk about turbulant weather.  Every house that doesn't have a basement has a tornada shelter.  We have had to use it on more then one occasion. 

The last few years it seems the weather has gotten really weird!

Chelcass
ChelCass

scrollingdesigns

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 09:58:07 am »
graywolf, fellow Illini. I have been through Peru many times. One thing I can remember about living in Illinois is that if you don't like the weather, stick around for a bit, it'll change. You can see some very nasty weather from Mother Nature in that neck of the woods.
I have family still living around El Paso and we get back for a family reunion every couple years or so. I still hear the same complaints from the farmers, they say it is either to wet or to dry.
Nice hearing from you.

Have a great day.

cherie

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 08:11:26 pm »
GB, I live what over 200 miles from ya and we have sun and heat.  LOL.  No storms, but there were threats last week.  Glad your ok.

SMF

Teknoromi