Author Topic: what to do today  (Read 3379 times)

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
what to do today
« on: April 28, 2012, 07:42:02 am »
good morning all. whats it like in your part of the world today, it's 9 a.m.
+4 degrees sunny and about 40KM winds.nice day to do some more spring clean up or go to the shed and do some scrolling or i think i might walk down to the local fire hall this afternoon for a few fun games of darts with some of the seniors. listen to there stories about what is was like growing up in there days.decisions
i'm babbling on again will everyone have a great day
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 07:44:56 am by newfie »

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
Re: what to do today
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 08:23:33 am »
Things are looking better this morning, we had a lot of rain on this end of the island last night. My grandaughter and I  are getting some of the summer things out today and party this afternoon. Hope you have a great day. Clyde
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline jeff44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 08:47:33 am »
The weather here in Georgia is sunny and starting to get in high 70's low 80's.  I think it will be a great day to get in my shop in the basement and make some sawdust after I setup and install my new Rigid random spindle sander I purchase yesterday.  i am making some plaques for my mechanic and I need the spindle part to do the inside curves.
jeff

daliclimbs

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 09:06:31 am »
Gonna be in the mid 60's here in West Virginia. My shop has become a disaster zone. So I alas will be cleaning  :-\

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 09:50:15 am »
Rainy and 70? here in the St. Louis area...finishing up a couple pieces for the SLU Billikens golf Tournament and preparing a proposal to the President of the university for "Billiken Plaques" to be used for gifts for special occasions and people. Busy day today and tomorrow set up the little band saw I bought last week. May also work on the guitar stand I am planning as my grandson's graduation present.

Enjoy Yours, Everyone!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Graywolf

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 10:17:21 am »
We got rain last night here in northern IL. We sure need it. I have to make three frames for plaques I made. Problem is My router went down last year and my table saw went dow a month ago, So I am going to use my skill saw to make them.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 10:32:14 am »
It will be a beautiful day here in Southern California. Clear, sunny and warm! Should be in the 80's.
I will be in the shop all day then watching the NASCAR race in Richmond Virginia this evening.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:35:54 am by dgman »
Dan In Southern California

marmoh

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 01:41:32 pm »
Going to do a little of this and a little of that today and see how much of it I can screw up  ;D

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 04:05:30 pm »
Sunny and in the low 80"s here in middle Tennessee.  Did a little lawn mowings this morning. Washed and hung out the bedding.  Cut and sanded a small cross this afternoon and went over the took the neighbors house dogs for their potty break. Gotta go back at 5 am feed everybody.  Golly I've been busy today.......LOL
ChelCass

SheGold

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 05:55:32 pm »
Well I'm late but we have hot 90+ weather here in Texas. So I spent the day in my shop. I'm tired dusty and ready for a scrub down and some chow down. LOL. .... Sheila

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 01:47:45 am »
I'm even later.  Took the cars to the wash today and left mine there for detailing, then drove 40 miles to a shop to buy a new pocketknife.  my wife & I had breakfast along the way.  Took a short nap in the afternoon then met another couple for seafood dinner and went to a community theater for a play.  I just came in from  the shop where I used a flush cutting bit to match the lid of a walnut box to the sides and then rubbed it out with a bit of blo.  I am about ready to separate the top from the sides and then do some inlay work on the top and key the mitered corners.  This one should be nice.  Sprinkled a bit here on the west coast of Florida today and the high was probably in the low 80's.

Have a great Sunday all!
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

docupton

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 05:53:49 am »
Wont be doing a lot today, winds blowing, rains raining, flood warnings are out, typical midlands uk weather. But i hope the rest of you have a great day.

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 11:50:39 am »
Weatherwise, Seattle is a bit overcast today and temperatures expected of 58 degrees.  But that's a very comfortable temp for me.  Heading for church in a couple of hours then DW and I will go out for lunch and celebrate our 6th anniversary.  I married her when I was 70 and we love and enjoy one another, but no longer feel the need for a big celebration.  We'll spend the rest of the day with our hobbies and just time together.
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 05:42:43 pm »
Congratulations on your anniversary. My wife and I celebrated out "38th" on Friday past. We don't celebrate like we used to,  went out to a classy place with our grandaughter and drinks with my brother later.
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 08:45:55 pm »
Clyde, congratulations to you and your wife on your 38th anniversary.  I guess I should explain that I had done 46 years on the first marriage, and my "new" wife did 22 on hers.  That's why we just don't see the need for big celebrations anymore.  That's not to say we're not proud of them, nor that we don't value them.
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

SMF

Teknoromi