Author Topic: is there a GOD ??  (Read 1381 times)

Offline JMAC

• View Profile
is there a GOD ??
« on: April 27, 2012, 03:26:40 am »
Hi Friends, On Tuesday i had to go to a doctor in Kempten( a larger town/city 50miles away) . At the weekend we had a bit of snow,on the way there ,as usual in the early spring you have a breathtaking view of the German Alps,still covered with snow although the sun is shining and the sky?s were blue, i get the feeling that the mountains give a lot of positive energie!! that and the fact that nature is awakening,the birds are singing, the first flowers in all there different shapes, sizes and colours are coming out the grass is getting greener and the trees are starting to bloom,for me its amazing and i always think when you see all this, how can you NOT believe in GOD ?
you never stop learning.

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
Re: is there a GOD ??
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 09:28:37 am »
Yes there is indeed a God. He gives us the ability to appreciate such beauty. I teach senior high students and in at least one of my classes through out the year I bring in a red rose and ask the class questions like, What allows us to see the beautiful colors, of course they resopnd our eyes. Then I ask what allows us to appreciate the smell of the rose, and they respond our nose. And how about the sharpness of the thorn or the softness of the petal and they say our feeling of touch. Then I ask what allows us to appreciate the beauty of the rose. And they tend to be silent. 
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline MOONIE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 09:44:32 pm »
Inside the human being is the basic knowledge of a power greater than themselves.   No my quote.  But it's TRUE.
MOONIE

SheGold

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 02:47:27 am »
God gave us a wonderful palette to look at, smell, touch, hear and the senses to experience them all. Yes, How can anyone not believe in Him... Sheila

daliclimbs

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 09:08:52 am »
The world is an amazing place. And nobody can tell me it all evolved from pond slime! God gave us an amazing world, and we all need to stop and drink it in every now and then.

marmoh

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 01:49:28 pm »
When I go outside and feel the breeze on my face, the sun on my skin, hear the birds chirping, see the leaves swaying in the trees, smell the earth, I always look up into the sky and say "thank you" because I know where it all came from.   Marion

SMF

Teknoromi