Author Topic: problem solved  (Read 1236 times)

cherie

problem solved
« on: April 26, 2012, 02:11:00 pm »
Copied and Pasted from my status report on FaceBook:

I am a happy scroller right now.  The is a cabinetry place in Willow Springs, local for me.  I have been wanting to stop and ask questions anyways, so I asked about cherry ply 1/4 to 3/8 thick.  He said he would sell me a 4'x8' sheet at cost!  Much cheaper than the price I was quoted in Springfield which is 100 miles away, and he would have it Monday.  So I think I have just found my wood supplier for domesticated woods.  Oh and his son and himself has an AWESOME workshop.  He said he would even plan the wood down to the thickness I needed, he has a 24 inch wide planer.  Believe you me when I say that i drooled over it.  Maybe one day.  However, for the exotic wood that i need, I will still be making the drive to SPGF for that.  WOO HOO!!!

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
Re: problem solved
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 06:16:51 pm »
That sounds like a great resource for you Cherie!  Having access to a good planer is such an advantage.  I got a steal on a powermatic 15 inch a year or so ago and it gets used on all my projects.  Good deal for you!
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

cherie

Re: problem solved
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 08:45:08 pm »
Ours is a very good planer and large, but will only plane about a 14 1/2 inch wide board.  I never thought I would have an order of this size.  LOL

SMF

Teknoromi