Author Topic: custom dust blower for my saw  (Read 7149 times)

tux_linux

custom dust blower for my saw
« on: July 13, 2011, 12:40:46 pm »
Hey!

I have bought some parts to get a proper dust blower setup. The parts I'm using are also used on other scroll saws and are original used for coolant aid on multi-axle router systems in the industry. one of these sets costs 14.50 Euro (~20$). check out the local shops for the Loc-Line System, you can get different sets.

Build together (needs quite some force) I got a 6" long pipe.

I mounted it to the existing pipe at my Hegner, using some duct tape to hold the adjustable hose on the pipe and also to attach the silikon tube of the fish tank pump

Now I have a pretty cool system that I can push upwards when not needed and pull back down when wanted into same place it has been in before.

If you've read carefully, you'd reconozie I wrote one of them costs ~20$. Well, I ordered 2 sets. With the second set I want to create some dust vaccum device, that I also mount to the saw. I don't know yet exactly, but I want a silent cyclone type of system. More to come as I manage to create some.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 05:13:04 pm by Torsten »

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: custom dust blower for my saw
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 12:51:08 pm »
Very cool torsten! That is the same type of tube that is on my DeWalt saw. Very flexable and easaly bends out of the way.
Dan In Southern California

thumbs

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 04:42:03 pm »
I also love the tray under your saw to catch the dust--I'll have to come up with something for my ex 21 thanks for posting the info--Richard aka thumbs

tux_linux

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 05:14:33 pm »
Richard, that works fine so far, also there is still dust on top of the table. Sometimes I forget to but the tray back under after changing blade.

The dust blower works kind of perfect - just made some cuttings. The dust is now blown to the right side, where I will mount some kind of dust exhauster.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 05:16:49 pm by Torsten »

agazeta

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 03:38:45 am »
excuse me... i wonder, where can I buy a loc line system? i don't know how to call it in my own language, so that I can't find it at local shop so far. I'm sorry for my bad english. any reply will be appreciated. thank you.

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 05:23:17 am »
excuse me... i wonder, where can I buy a loc line system? i don't know how to call it in my own language, so that I can't find it at local shop so far. I'm sorry for my bad english. any reply will be appreciated. thank you.

search E bay for "oil coolant tube"
they come in a variety of lengths and quantities, all from hong kong, I bought a pack of 6 for just over ?6 GBP including shipping
HTH
Dave

SMF

Teknoromi