Author Topic: New Members  (Read 67406 times)

Offline julief

• View Profile
Re: New Members
« Reply #240 on: October 13, 2014, 06:26:37 am »
Hi Harv and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad to have you.  I am an EX21 user and have been for over 10 years so you can guess my opinion.  When this forum started, most people were dewalt users.  Many have upgraded to an Excalibur.  It all depends on what you want out of your saw.  I do a fair amount of bevel work (spiral bowls, inlays, etc.) so the fact that my table stays stationary and the head tilts is a huge factor for me.  The table staying flat keeps you from fighting gravity on those kind of projects.  Also, when you raise the arm, it stays up.  There is a modification for the dewalt but when you start adding things to it, you may as well spend the extra money and get the better saw.

Offline ktempleman

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 29, 2015, 05:45:42 pm »
Hi All,
I live in Staffordshire in the th UK and have joined the group today. I am new to scroll sawing and have just bought a Sheppach Vario 405 saw with the intention of making wooden gear clocks. In order to gain some experience first I am eager to seach the internet for help and was very pleased to Find Steve's ScrollSawWorkshop site, which I think is amazing. So I am practicing by making all manner of things, but am still trying to source hardwood locally to use. It is so expensive here and there seems to be very few places to buy it from.
I have purchased an assortment of pin-less Pegas blades and am still trying to get used to blade tensioning and trying to reduce vibrations on my saw, but I'm sure I will enjoy my new found hobby.   

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 29, 2015, 06:30:08 pm »
Glad you found us ktempleman . Hi I'm Russ from Florida your local moderator. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 30, 2015, 06:27:26 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad you've joined us.

pddesertrat

« Reply #244 on: January 30, 2015, 10:40:12 am »
Welcome to the forum.  Glad you found us.  I'm Paul from Washington State, USA.

I have been looking at plans of gear clocks.  It is something I have wanted to try.  Hard to decide which one though.

Rover2

« Reply #245 on: January 30, 2015, 07:29:24 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  I'm Al from Tennessee.

Offline kay937

• View Profile
    • KAY937
« Reply #246 on: February 01, 2015, 10:14:43 am »
hi harv nice to meet you, i havent been here very long myself but its a great sight with great people
                                                                    kay

Offline pierre62

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 01, 2015, 11:02:53 am »
Welcome to the forum.  I'm Pierre from Qu?bec, Canada.
Pierre

OLD IRISH SAWDUST

Re: New Member starting into Sawdust at 65 y.o.
« Reply #248 on: February 18, 2015, 08:36:49 pm »
Just a new member at 65 years young getting into getting covered in sawdust, pissing off neighbors when I run my scroll saw, dremel router, jig saw, and other stuff. Some people have NO SENSE OF HUMOR. In Seattle, surrounded by all the wood in the world, just got to figure out how to get it into my 400 sq.ft. APT. and not &*^^ off the mgnmt. "Off to conquer the World".
from Old Irish Sawdust,
Gordon M.

pddesertrat

« Reply #249 on: February 18, 2015, 09:54:39 pm »
Welcome Gordon.  I'm Paul from the other side of the state from you. I am a dry country Washingtonion.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 10:43:44 am by pddesertrat »

Offline tommyb43

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 19, 2015, 03:35:22 am »
Hi Gordon I am Tom from Ipswich Suffolk UK across the pond Welcome

(Not such an old Irish Man)

Happy Scrolling

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 19, 2015, 07:18:23 am »
Glad you found us Gordon. Hi I'm Russ from Florida your local moderator. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 19, 2015, 07:41:10 am »
Hi Gordon and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad to have you.

Rover2

« Reply #253 on: February 19, 2015, 08:12:02 pm »
Welcome Gordon.  I'm Al from Hillsboro TN.  Glad to have you with us.

jayvaello

« Reply #254 on: May 19, 2015, 09:39:14 pm »
Hi all Scrollers. I am fairly new to the hobby, got my Scroll Saw about a year ago and have had a wonderful time learning to use it.... Had a Ryobi 16" piece of junk, then I used a Delta 20' DSW788 of a friend of mine and decided it was time to buy a better unit.  :) :)... so far the best thing I ever did...Last Christmas I made a few gifts for some of my family and friends and decided I want to try my hand at Intarsia, but still deciding on the first project....Look forward to many years of enjoyment.

More later...

jayvaello

SMF

Teknoromi