Author Topic: New Members  (Read 67401 times)

Offline julief

• View Profile
Re: New Members
« Reply #210 on: March 10, 2014, 08:25:27 am »
Hi Abrahan and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad you joined us.

Wickedone16

« Reply #211 on: March 11, 2014, 11:46:27 am »
Thanks Julie glad to be here

Laurentian

« Reply #212 on: March 12, 2014, 10:15:20 am »
Hi everybody, I'm Laurentian, I'm from Qu?bec, Canada. Retired, and getting re-acquainted with a scrollsaw. Had a cheap model 10 years ago, learned by myself doing craft pieces, because I could not do inside cuts, my saw had little 'blocks' to which I had to attach the blades, which was a real pain...and prevented me from evolving, so I was able to sell it, and forgot all about it until recently.
So I got interested again, went and bought the DW788, and went fully eqppd.to add to my arsenal of shop tools: table saw, jointer, planer, router table, bandsaw, drill presses (floor & bench), oscillating drum sander and the small bench 3 X 36in belt sander.
I still have some exotic wood pieces from way back so there's no problem with material.

I just finished scrolling a small 'horse puzzle' in ?in BB, which went well.
But I'll have to adress this topic elsewhere. So this is it, I'm looking forward to exchanging tricks & tips, from my experiences and yours.

Laurentian

« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2014, 10:21:55 am »
Oh! I forgot to say, I'm French speaking, so if anybody has any question regarding 'things in French', or translating, I'll be happy to oblige.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 13, 2014, 07:20:56 am »
Hello Laurentian and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Sounds like you are set up and ready to go.  Have fun.  We are glad you joined us.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 13, 2014, 01:53:55 pm »
Glad you found us Laurentian. Hi I'm Russ from Florida your local moderator. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Laurentian

« Reply #216 on: March 14, 2014, 09:12:23 am »
Actually, I'M really glad I FOUND YOU!!
Way back when, I didn't have a computer, no Internet, so, nobody to talk to or compare notes with. But now...the world is at our fingertips. I love it!
It will be much easier now to improve...

paul.t

« Reply #217 on: April 14, 2014, 11:28:34 am »
Hi all, newbie to the hobbie so please be gentle  :)

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 15, 2014, 06:52:12 am »
Hi Paul and welcome to the forum.  We are here to help.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad you've joined us.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 15, 2014, 07:10:36 am »
Glad you found us Paul. Hi I'm Russ from Florida your local moderator. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum.  :)

kevin_cassey

« Reply #220 on: May 14, 2014, 12:17:05 pm »
hi evryone my names kevin and i have been scroll sawing for bout 10 years. but in the last year i have been adding to my talents now i incorprate wood carving with scrollsawing and its opendup a whole new world that has removed te limits of wood art. steve has made it so easy to be better then i ever thought i could be so steve thank you my family my church and well in fact my whole home town with your patterns and i little bit of myself throwen in. we have left them in awwwe i recently have gone back to grand father clocks and my mother in law was reduced to tears and my church again got a fresh glimps of your and my talents. as soon as my mother in-law gets the pics back i will post them. untill next time god bless and goodbye

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 14, 2014, 04:21:59 pm »
Glad you found us Kevin. Hi I'm Russ from Florida your local moderator. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum.  :)

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 15, 2014, 06:15:22 am »
Hi Kevin and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad to have you.

jtec1

« Reply #223 on: May 17, 2014, 01:34:08 pm »
Hello Everyone my name is Don from Illinois and I have been playing with wood for about 45 years.  Since I was old enough to hold an axe.  I have been scrolling for only 30+ years.  I have obtained some Intarsia books and I am going to try my hand at them.  I seen a bunch of them at our dentist office.  They were all different types of animals and they all braces.  They were pretty awesome.  I have been getting Steves news letters for a while and never got an account to the form.  I am looking forward to getting help and information in the future.  Thank you all for having this tool. ;D

Offline scala150

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 17, 2014, 09:11:16 pm »
Hi all,im carmelo from fl. newbie to the hobbie so please be gentle ty

SMF

Teknoromi