Author Topic: Funky Moped Intarsia  (Read 1708 times)

Claymore

Funky Moped Intarsia
« on: July 27, 2016, 10:24:59 am »
Hi,
Here's the first of two new Super Bike Intarsia's I have been commissioned to make for another customer in Ireland  :D
As you can see its a 1968 Honda C50 50cc Moped! made from Oak/Sycamore and Beech approx size is 16" x 16" x 1 1/2".
The second one which isn't really needed until later in the year is the same bike but from the other side so the exhaust will be there etc and the same size but different logo.
Although it wasn't as complex as the usual Bikes it had a few tricky bits with the leg shields and seat angles but its turned out ok in the end.
They are collecting the giant kite tomorrow with a trailer as it wouldn't fit in the car lol so hopefully I will have photos of it mounted at the Kite centre next week when we visit.
Hope ya like it
Brian

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
Re: Funky Moped Intarsia
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 04:55:19 am »
Very unique. Is this your own design? Looks good. Thanks for sharing.

Claymore

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 05:08:40 am »
Cheers Troy, Yes I make my own patterns for the bikes..... they are from photos usually customers bikes.

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 08:50:30 am »
Very nicely done project.  Excellently done Troy.  Thanks for sharing this with us.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 11:52:40 am »
Awesome job!!  The Moped turned out great.
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Claymore

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 02:16:29 pm »
Cheers 8-)  I am also making another of the moped but from the other side view for the customers fathers birthday later in the year, it will have the exhaust pipe and a few other stuff like break levers etc.
Brian

SMF

Teknoromi