Author Topic: excalilbur  (Read 3919 times)

Offline patriot46

• View Profile
excalilbur
« on: July 22, 2016, 05:00:46 pm »
I am thinking of buying a excalilbur  maybe a 16 inch
were is a good place to buy it  any help would be great thank you

Offline Wooden Lace

• View Profile
Re: excalilbur
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 05:43:02 pm »
I bought one of mine from Woodcraft and one from Seyco.  Both sales were fine, but Ray at Seyco definitely knows more about them than probably all the guys at Woodcraft combined.

When considering the different sizes, keep in mind that the strokes per minute count on the smaller saw is less than the larger one.  The 16" ranges from 400-1400 SPM, while the larger ones are 400-1550.  Still not as fast as the Dewalt at 1750 max.

If you do smaller work, the 16" can be a good size.  Since most of what I do is either ornaments, in 4 X 8 " blanks, or wine glass caddies in 12 " blanks, it works fine.
Nancy
Nancy from Washington state
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!

Offline Bill Wilson

• View Profile
    • Blazin' Blades Scrollers of Western PA
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 08:33:54 pm »
I bought my EX-21 from Seyco.  Most of the advice on the various scrolling forums recommended buying from Ray.  He takes the time to set the saw up properly, so that it's ready to use right out of the box.  Apparently not all vendors do this. 
Nobody ever worked so hard that milk squirted out of their nose.

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 10:13:14 am »
I have purchased two Ex21's from Ray @ Seyco and could not be more pleased with his service and knowledge. Probably most new saws have to be fine tuned to your liking and Ray can instruct you over the phone. Most problems with scroll saws can be solved by the owner and Ray will do his best to guide you in solving that problem without having to pay all those shipping charges. That being said, an Excalibur, especially from Seyco, is ready to use out of the box and like I have already stated, I have purchased two from Ray in the last 5 years and other than replacing set screws that hold the blades, have never had a problem.

Claymore

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 03:51:02 pm »
My new EX30 is being delivered tomorrow morning and I`m looking forward to trying out the large table, main reason for buying the EX30 is for my large Intarsia projects so fingers crossed its a good saw. They are badged Axminster EX30 here in the UK is Seyco still selling them there labelled as Excalibur?
Cheers
Brian

Offline rjweb66

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 09:19:53 pm »
Excalibur saws are not available here at Seyco or in the usa, now they have Jet 22 for sale

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 03:52:21 am »
Excalibur saws are not available here at Seyco or in the usa, now they have Jet 22 for sale

I don't know who is carrying this in the USA but recently I got emails on a new saw called Excelsior.  I can only see at Canadian dealers.  The one listed below is $999 Canadian $.  I read that King Canada is the importer.  Hopefully, it is a good replacement as I love my Ex-21.

Also, Jet not available in Canada.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++====

The new Excelsior 21" Scroll Saw is our replacement for the almost impossible to find Excalibur 21" Scroll Saw.
This saw is not a knock off, as it is being manufactured to the same specifications by the same factory that was manufacturing the Excalibur Scroll Saw line.
Features
Professional quality scroll saw with 1.3 Amp DC motor
Includes XL100 Foot Switch
Variable speed (400-1550 strokes/min)
Built-in dust blower system
Tool free blade change system with blade holders which accept standard 5” pinless blades
Entire head tilts up to 38° to the left and up to 45° to the right for angled cuts
Large 13-1/2” x 23-1/2” stationary table with built-in 2-1/2” dust chute for dust collector hook-up
Comes with five 5” pinless blades, foot switch, Spare blade tension lever kit and adjustment hex key

Claymore

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 03:47:20 pm »
I have been trying out my new EX30 and first impression is its a lovely saw, built like a tank and as big as a aircraft carrier! it will be very useful for the big intarsias.
I have cut some 40mm thick Beech today for a Welsh Dragon design and amazed that I only had to fit the blade and it was set up perfect so straight to work with it. I had expected to fine tune it but I will leave it alone for now and see how it goes.
The only thing I am not too keen on is fitting the blades as its quite different to my other Axminster Trade saw that has Hegner style blade clamps.... the EX30 has the thumb screw, the top is ok but trying to find the hole underneath will take some practice.
What I would like on a scrollsaw is better dust extraction and a built in flexible light surely there is the technology today to incorporate them into all scrollsaws?

Brian

SMF

Teknoromi