Author Topic: Hello folks  (Read 2441 times)

Offline Baz

• Baz
    • View Profile
Hello folks
« on: May 03, 2016, 12:20:10 pm »
I'm Baz from the West Country in UK. Scroll sawing for many years off and on, Hegner, but retired now so getting more active.  I like making wooden jewellry, key rings, Christian broches etc. Always have had trouble getting timber, using 1/4 and 1/2 inch mainly.  Where do others get small quantities in the UK?  Visited Son in USA and stood in Home Depot envious of the variety and price of timber ! My local Timber supplier sells scroll saws but try getting timber under 3/4 inch from them.   

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
Re: Hello folks
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 08:10:43 am »
Welcome to the site.  There a quite a few scrollers in the UK so maybe some of them can refer you to a source.

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 11:29:48 am »
Welcome aboard from abroad...
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline Hawkdave

• Adelaide, Australia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 05:50:36 am »
G'Day Baz, and welcome to the forum!!

Dave.
My parents must have been psychic, as a child they were always telling me to 'Cut It Out'. So they knew a long time ago that I would become a scroll saw artist.

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 11:44:08 am »
Welcome! I am Tony,aka,Toneman from Paris, Texas.

Offline Aggrajag

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 06:51:42 am »
Hi there, I'm a UK scroll sawer too.

I spent ages trying to find a decent supply of wood and in the end found a local (ish) woodyard where I wander around and pick-up odds and ends that will suit me. Some they let me have for ?1-2 whereas other pieces they charge me the full rate. It depends who serves me and how long the piece is.

I tried the other routes of asking local joiners & kitchen makers if they'd let me buy offcuts off them and not one was interested :(

Good luck.

SMF

Teknoromi