Author Topic: She may want 500 of them.  (Read 2217 times)

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
She may want 500 of them.
« on: May 01, 2016, 07:50:24 pm »
Still figuring out exactly what is needed, but this is one idea.

I am making a few different items for consideration by a customer for five hundred Christmas gifts for a large organization, to give out to donors, I think.   About five inches tall.  Painted star and stained cedar.  Hope this works out.  It is a work in progress but just in the planning stage so far. If this works out it will keep me busy throughout the summer I bet.

20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
Re: She may want 500 of them.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 05:43:48 am »
Jim

That is a real cool item.  I hope you get the order. That big of order might justify a CNC machine.

I don't know if you thought about it but having a box to fit it in would make it easier for them to handle.  Even one with the plastic cover.

Our club did Cancer awareness Angels for the local cancer clinic (over 150) and it really made the gift much nicer in a 50cent box. 

Good luck

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 07:10:38 am »
Don;

Good thought about the box .  I will run that by them.

Not interested in a CNC machine. 
     I figure I can stack cut these and make about ten per hour plus drying time for the finish.

No PHD, just a  DD 214

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 11:52:51 am »
That would be a great order to land as it may very well lead to repeat business.  I have a customer who comes back every other year with a large order of 250 each time.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline Hawkdave

• Adelaide, Australia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 06:20:13 pm »
Way to go Jim. Good luck with the order.

Have you thought that if they were all placed side by side, they would be bigger than the state of texas. ;D

Dave.
My parents must have been psychic, as a child they were always telling me to 'Cut It Out'. So they knew a long time ago that I would become a scroll saw artist.

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 08:25:07 am »
That would be a great order to land as it may very well lead to repeat business. ...
     Yes this is a returning customer that works at a local gallery.  I have done business with her in the past and have know her husband for seven years.  They run our local farmers market.  Here is a photo of more items I have made for her approval.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 05:56:51 pm by Jim Finn »

No PHD, just a  DD 214

SMF

Teknoromi