Author Topic: Kindle E - readers  (Read 1904 times)

Offline overfifty

• View Profile
Kindle E - readers
« on: November 21, 2015, 08:53:38 pm »
Greeting all. Question to the techies - the Kindle with 3G is $70 more than one without although in every other respect they're the same. Is having 3G worth the extra $70? Thank you!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 10:30:04 am by overfifty »

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
Re: Kindle E - readers
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 09:14:39 pm »
If you are in an area that does not have WiFi there is a good chance that 3g will be available.  If all you are going to do is read then 3g is superfluous.  If you are watching movies, searching the internet, online shopping etc then having 3g is beneficial.  So in my opinion it depends upon what you are wanting to do with the Kindle.  I have one of the older ones and generally use it to read.  I have at times searched the internet but 3g was included when I purchased the unit.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline overfifty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 12:44:08 pm »
As I understand your response I can perform other tasks as well as reading such as Googling something, watching a Youtube video, accessing Stevegood.com in my shop, etc.? Thank you.

Offline herrwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 01:32:31 pm »
I have 2 a older kindle paperwhite which basically fictions as a reader. I have not used in while.
I also have a kindle fire hdx which works as a reader and you can connect to the internet with it.
I connect through my wifi as it is a free connection.  So the decision is if you want to surf with it you either need a wifi connection or have to pay for the 3g. My wifi is free as I am a cable Scribner

SMF

Teknoromi