Author Topic: camera help  (Read 4082 times)

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
camera help
« on: October 21, 2015, 11:20:20 pm »
If you own a camera around $159.00.

I would like to know about it. I have try this kodak pixpro 16.3mp 36x optical zoom full hd video SLR-style camera with 8gb sdhc card that I got off from hsn and the battery charge don't last for a day when it off. I have to charge it before I can use it. I'm not sure if it is the battery or the camera or both. I just got it on friday and i'm going to send it back to hsn tomorrow.

so does anyone else know of a good camera to get that is a SLR STYLE camera  that is close to this kodak pixpro  it is on hsn if you want to look at the spec the item number is 448-703.

thanks.
spiderman
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
Re: camera help
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 07:50:15 pm »
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 10:48:21 pm »
If you own a camera around $159.00.

I would like to know about it. I have try this kodak pixpro 16.3mp 36x optical zoom full hd video SLR-style camera with 8gb sdhc card that I got off from hsn and the battery charge don't last for a day when it off. I have to charge it before I can use it. I'm not sure if it is the battery or the camera or both. I just got it on friday and i'm going to send it back to hsn tomorrow.

so does anyone else know of a good camera to get that is a SLR STYLE camera  that is close to this kodak pixpro  it is on hsn if you want to look at the spec the item number is 448-703.

thanks.
spiderman

First off Kodak has stopped making cameras as of several years ago.  Nikon however has a good camera in that price range, the Nikon L30.  Here is a link to it. https://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/nikon-l30/nikon-l30A.HTM.  Now the lens is not changeable however it still is a decent camera.  You might wish to see if you can find a refurbished unit.  I picked up a Nikon D70S with several lenses from a police auction and have been using it for something like 5 years now.  I had it refurbished.  Hope this helps.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 06:41:56 pm »
First off Kodak has stopped making cameras as of several years ago.

www.hsn.com are selling Kodak now.

I know that they went part bankrupted a few years ago now they are trying to come back.

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 07:14:37 pm »
First off Kodak has stopped making cameras as of several years ago.

www.hsn.com are selling Kodak now.

I know that they went part bankrupted a few years ago now they are trying to come back.

Actually Kodak is NOT making cameras and camcorders anymore there is a company called JK Imaging, a Los Angeles-based company that is producing the new Kodak-branded PixPro cameras and camcorders under a licensing agreement with the Eastman Kodak Company.  I hope that it survives as I liked the Kodak cameras ... I have one of their small handheld ones.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 08:58:39 pm »
well any help or information on a camera like the Kodak pixpro az362 that have a long battery life and very good crisp clear picture. because the kodak camera battery life sucks or the battery that comes with them are bad. this is the 2nd kodak pixpro ax362 that I thought maybe it was just a bad 1st camera i guess not and the 2nd camera did the same as the 1st one did and this 2nd one from hsn it was an open one and on the sd card that came with it had a nude woman all spread out showing everything and a nude video or a woman taking a poop. very gross and i told hsn about boy i was &*^^ and my little son and my little girl saw it. boy i'm still &*^^ about that. so i'm sending the number 2 camera back to hsn and getting something else in a local store.   

Any help. don't get me wrong here i like this camera but it just don't do what hsn people on tv said it would do it just lies to try to sell you something that is crappy and made in crappy china.

So anyways any help with do.  and i'm looking for a SLR style camera thanks.
just to many camera to figure out which one is the best to get.

thanks
spiderman

bobh47955

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 02:45:12 pm »
Spiderman, you can look online at Adorama.com or b&hphotovideo.com and maybe find a good refurbished camera. I have two Canon DSLR that I use for my photography but have to use a macro lens in order to do any copy work. I know some of the cheaper point and shoot cameras will also do some macro shots but most that I have seen are terrible when it comes to that.
Good Luch.

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2015, 04:07:46 pm »
Spiderman, you can look online at Adorama.com or b&hphotovideo.com and maybe find a good refurbished camera. I have two Canon DSLR that I use for my photography but have to use a macro lens in order to do any copy work. I know some of the cheaper point and shoot cameras will also do some macro shots but most that I have seen are terrible when it comes to that.
Good Luch.

I got a nikon d3300 and in he kit I got two lenses 18-55mm and the 55 - 200mm lens and it also came with a DVD and I got the D3300 for dummies lol. 
takes nice photos tho. and I also have the canon cp-910 photo printer. and this camera came with the wireless adapter so i can take photo from my smartphone and also send the photo from my camera to my smartphone and then send them off in a e-mail or text them. 

great battery life per charge

bobh47955

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2016, 09:08:33 am »
Good Luch.

I got a nikon d3300 and in he kit I got two lenses 18-55mm and the 55 - 200mm lens and it also came with a DVD and I got the D3300 for dummies lol. 
takes nice photos tho. and I also have the canon cp-910 photo printer. and this camera came with the wireless adapter so i can take photo from my smartphone and also send the photo from my camera to my smartphone and then send them off in a e-mail or text them. 

great battery life per charge

Oh yes, the battery life of your better cameras will always last a long time. I sometimes forget to turn mine off but when I go to use them again at a later date the battery may be low but it is still usable. I charge my batteries for a full 24 hours. But then I have more than one for each camera.
Now learn how to use that camera and you will be real happy with it.

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2016, 09:32:29 pm »
Oh yes, the battery life of your better cameras will always last a long time. I sometimes forget to turn mine off but when I go to use them again at a later date the battery may be low but it is still usable. I charge my batteries for a full 24 hours. But then I have more than one for each camera.

Yep I just got the Nikon D3300 for dummies great book and plus youtube. and the dvd that came with the kit.

bobh47955

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 01:59:18 pm »

Yep I just got the Nikon D3300 for dummies great book and plus youtube. and the dvd that came with the kit.

Some great videos to learn things your book or DVD will not cover can be seen at BCPhoto on youtube or itunes. I have downloaded a lot of his videos and some things I never knew but now I do. I have been working with cameras for over 30 years and have and still do part time shoot professionally. Read and watch videos and you will learn.

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2016, 11:18:00 pm »

Some great videos to learn things your book or DVD will not cover can be seen at BCPhoto on youtube or itunes. I have downloaded a lot of his videos and some things I never knew but now I do. I have been working with cameras for over 30 years and have and still do part time shoot professionally. Read and watch videos and you will learn.
[/quote][/quote]

I have been watching videos on youtube I don't understand the BCPhoto videos don't have anything to do with the Nikon D3300 camera.  I also got a extra free battery Nikon sent me a new battery now i have two batteries. 

I also thinking about getting the Nikon P900 83x Optical Zoom

Offline Jason.Boushard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 07:20:16 pm »
cool shutter bugs! I have a Nikon D810 I use my 24-70mm most of the time.

Offline Erewhon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2016, 09:46:34 pm »
G'day All,
I just forget how old my Canon Power Shot S3 IS Digital Camera is but have found it great, only have one problem with it - the folding view finder on the back has a problem when flicked to the side or any angle you can not get vision on it unless its put flat on the cameras back. Is no big deal might get it fixed one day. Since being diagnosed with PD I shake like the proverbial outhouse door so my camera is used now on a tripod now, it also takes pretty good videos as well. I like to make my images in biggest possible pixel size on camera which allows me to play around with images and still keep a good image that isn't distorted. I'm not into all the camera lingo but get some pretty good images. Have put three up for you to look at these where taken a few years back on our property here before Parkinsons Disease took over. King Parrot, Legless Lizard, Flower Spider.

Erewhon.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 09:49:05 pm by Erewhon »

SMF

Teknoromi