Author Topic: New Scroll Saw Ornament Book  (Read 2034 times)

mlyons

New Scroll Saw Ornament Book
« on: October 07, 2015, 08:32:21 am »
Hello!

I have just published "Christmas Scroll Saw Ornament Designs", a book containing over 200 Christmas ornament patterns. I really love making ornaments to share with family and friends, and I am very proud of the book, so I hope you will give it your consideration. 

The sections of the book include: Introduction, Twelve Days of Christmas, Traditional, Joyful Noise, Religious, Toys, Sentiments, Winter, Snowflakes, Design Your Own, and Photo Gallery.

This short video shows an overview of some of the book pages:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0HLabODlao

Here is the link for amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Scroll-Saw-Ornament-Designs/dp/0692495959

You should also be able to order the book through other retailers (Barnes & Noble, etc.).  I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about the book, so please don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks,
Michelle Lyons

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
Re: New Scroll Saw Ornament Book
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 08:45:22 am »
Michelle that looks like it would be a great addition to anyone's pattern library.  Thanks for the link to the new book.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline Wooden Lace

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 08:13:01 pm »
Got my copy yesterday that I purchased on ebay...lots of good patterns and ideas.  Some I will use just as drawn, and others will be used to modify some that I'm currently making.  For example, the mane from her rocking horse is easier to cut than the one I currently cut, so will simply alter it.  Same with parts of the gingerbread man, train, sleigh and fireplace.  The sled will be the first one I cut, just 'cause it's so cute, and different than anything I'm doing. 

I'll need to go over each pattern and figure where the beads should go.  My ornaments are from 1/16th " Finnish plywood, with inset 2.5 mm gold beads to give some extra sparkle.  Some designs have tiny dark red hot fix rhinestones instead, just to give people a choice of looks.

Most of the patterns are a bit larger than my normal, but any printer can fix that. The 5 gold rings pattern from the 12 days of Christmas collection can pass as a snowflake, and there are many other snowflakes as well.  Wish there were more angels, since they sell so well for me.  Maybe a bit heavy on the curly-cues, but all in all, a nice book.  Glad I bought it.
Nancy
Nancy from Washington state
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 07:00:16 am »
Nancy, Sheila Landry has a beautiful set of filigree angels.  I have make them both larger and smaller to suit my needs. 

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 07:06:52 pm »
A nice looking book. I just viewed it on amazon.com. Also a very fair price for the book. It will be on my list of books for Christmas. You are good in making your patterns and so kind in your comments on our work we do. I hope you sell a lot of copies of this book and have a Merry Christmas this year. =)

Offline spartanscroller

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 02:06:38 pm »
Just tried to order from Amazon. They said it was not available. Out of print! I would like to get this book right away. Where else can I order it.
Regards,
Terry

Offline spartanscroller

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 02:14:52 pm »
OOOPS! Just tried your link Michel and was able to order right from there. Thanks for the great book. Can't wait to get it.

Terry

mlyons

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 02:55:15 pm »
Terry - I think the amazon ordering was offline for a few days, but is fixed now. Thanks for ordering - hope you enjoy the book!

Offline Wooden Lace

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 03:34:48 pm »
Just finished my first 2 stacks of 6 ornaments.  I keep a notebook of master plans for my favorite ornaments, and put several from this book in it, but will not need to change that.  I made an original copy of each, then reduced it to the size I wanted, then made another copy for actually cutting.  All this copying made the shading in the pattern almost black, and I couldn't see the actual line... VERY hard to cut.

NOT her fault at all, just too many copies of copies.  Now I have a picture of it in the notebook, along with the book title and page number so I can just go to the book, make one copy and reduce it at the same time.  That way, the shading is still light enough to see the pattern lines.  Patterns are very cleanly drawn and easy to follow.  I'm sure I'll go back to this book many times.
Nancy
Nancy from Washington state
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!

SMF

Teknoromi